Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: School shooting in CT

Re: School shooting in CT

@ sinderbrandCNN : From CNN Justice Prod Terry Frieden: Sr law enforcement official familiar w/investigation says Ryan Lanza's brother found dead in Hoboken

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Unfortunately a gentleman who works for my company has lost his daughter in this tragedy. We knew that his two kids attended this school when word first came out about the shooting there. I have worked closely with him from time-to-time in the last 5 years. I am sick right now. Still at work, but I cannot work. It is very quiet in the office as word was just passed around to those of us that work with him. Everyone has different ways of dealing. I have a duaghter in the the 2nd grade and find it hard to look at any of her pictures in my office b/c it makes me think "what if" and I get emotional.

You never think you might know someone directly affected, but kow I do. Man...
    My prayers are with you and your co-workers, especially the one who lost his daughter. I just can't imagine.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Does anyone else feel just kind of numb right now, like it hasn't completely sunk in yet? My brain just isn't really processing this completely, like it's some kind of bad dream I'm going to wake up from. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I had kids.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Does anyone else feel just kind of numb right now, like it hasn't completely sunk in yet? My brain just isn't really processing this completely, like it's some kind of bad dream I'm going to wake up from. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I had kids.
    Yeah, numb is the feeling. I try to do some work to take my mind off it but I just end up coming right back to it. Another hour to go and I'm just going to sit here like a I'm in a coma, this has me pretty torn up.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Yeah, numb is the feeling. I try to do some work to take my mind off it but I just end up coming right back to it. Another hour to go and I'm just going to sit here like a I'm in a coma, this has me pretty torn up.
    This. I can't stop thinking about my wife at home with her big pregnant belly. I can't stop thinking about my little nephews. I can't stop thinking about little kids in school all over this country, and how that's supposed to be the one safe place...
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I've gotten to the point that I just can't look at it anymore. It's just too upsetting. My oldest daughter just got home. Gotta get it together. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Unfortunately a gentleman who works for my company has lost his daughter in this tragedy. We knew that his two kids attended this school when word first came out about the shooting there. I have worked closely with him from time-to-time in the last 5 years. I am sick right now. Still at work, but I cannot work. It is very quiet in the office as word was just passed around to those of us that work with him. Everyone has different ways of dealing. I have a duaghter in the the 2nd grade and find it hard to look at any of her pictures in my office b/c it makes me think "what if" and I get emotional.

You never think you might know someone directly affected, but kow I do. Man...
    That is just horrible, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and you.

Was on my way to pick up my son at his college when news started breaking on the radio. With every report it got more and more disgusting and sad. Immediately called my daughter and told her I was coming to her middle school to pick her up when we got back home. Couldn't wait to hug her. I can't imagine a more painful experience than losing one of your children.

Did anyone see President Obamas comments? I have never seen a president so close to bawling.

Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Did anyone see President Obamas comments? I have never seen a president so close to bawling.
    Ashleigh Banfield was crying during one of her CNN segments too. She lives about 30 minutes from the school and has elementary school aged children. That was tough to watch.

I've been reading the Twitter timeline of Principal Dawn Hochsprung (@DHochsprung), who was also killed today. Lots of photos of the kids at school over the past weeks, and I'm sure some of those kids in her photos are no longer with us. Pretty sad to read and see those as well.

-The Insider-

So the mother of Adam Lanza was teacher's aid, not a teacher as previously reported. Here is the latest from ABCnews:

6:25 p.m.: Nancy Lanza, mother of gunman Adam Lanza, was found dead in her Connecticut home. The 20-year-old man, shot her in the face, authorities told ABC News. Following the murder of his mother, Lanza, carrying at least two semi-automatic pistols and an automatic rifle, drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., where his mother worked. There he killed 20 children and six adults.
    Lanza was found dead in the school with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The rifle was found in his car, authorities said.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm still lost for words. An absolute horrific nightmare.

I don't have any kids, but most of my friends have little ones in that age range. I wish I could give them all a big hug right now

Turn Off Ads?