Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: dont come in if you dont wanna play 5 Reds Untouchables

Re: dont come in if you dont wanna play 5 Reds Untouchables

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    2. Cueto (some of the comments in this thread about the Reds' ace pitcher are hilarious)
    Agreed, but not surprising considering Cueto has been vastly underrated his whole career, including in the minor leagues.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Votto
    Hamilton
    Latos
    Stephenson
    Bruce

I would be tempted to add Chapman but I'm not sure they are convinced they can resign him.

Votto
    Bruce
    Latos
    Stephenson
    Chapman

Close but not quite:

Cueto
    Hamilton
    Bailey
    Cozart

Ok but you probably gonna have to pay more than their likely perceived value:

Hanny
    Mes
    Frazier
    Marshall
    Rahier

Looking to deal:

Phillips
    Arroyo
    Leake - (Only for a similar pitcher more suited to GABP)
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

A lot of people here overvaluing Stephenson. You'd trade Cueto but not Stephenson? LOL.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

A lot of people here overvaluing Stephenson. You'd trade Cueto but not Stephenson? LOL.
    One guy is a free agent in a few years and making a lot of money*. He would also bring back more in a trade. The other guy is controlled for at worst, 6 years and can throw 101 MPH.

*Comparatively speaking, it is a lot of money. That contract looks incredible at this point.

Quick question -

Have there been any updates on Cueto's health this offseason?

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    One guy is a free agent in a few years and making a lot of money*. He would also bring back more in a trade. The other guy is controlled for at worst, 6 years and can throw 101 MPH.

*Comparatively speaking, it is a lot of money. That contract looks incredible at this point.
    I appreciate you adding the asterisk. That said, you might want to make it about 10x bigger. Ha. You are correct in calling Cueto's contract "incredible" for the Reds.

Here's the deal: Cueto is a proven MLB ace and is still young. Stephenson has "potential" and wasn't all that impressive during his brief stint at single-A Dayton this past summer (after being very impressive at Billings). Single-A pitcher vs. an MLB ace. Hmm. tough call. Not at all.

Hey, I like Stephenson too, but it's complete crazy talk to act like he's more of an "untouchable" than Cueto.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I appreciate you adding the asterisk. That said, you might want to make it about 10x bigger. Ha. You are correct in calling Cueto's contract "incredible" for the Reds.

Here's the deal: Cueto is a proven MLB ace and is still young. Stephenson has "potential" and wasn't all that impressive during his brief stint at single-A Dayton this past summer (after being very impressive at Billings). Single-A pitcher vs. an MLB ace. Hmm. tough call. Not at all.

Hey, I like Stephenson too, but it's complete crazy talk to act like he's more of an "untouchable" than Cueto.
    I wouldn't trade Stephenson and Cueto for the same package. I would ask more for Cueto for all of the reasons you stated. But I would also trade Cueto sooner. I don't think he is going to be getting any better than he is. You are selling high. With a guy like Stephenson, you probably aren't selling high and you aren't going to get the top return on him that you could when looking at his entire career in the future. With Cueto, you probably will never be able to get more for him than right now. That is why Stephenson is more untouchable for me.

Turn Off Ads?