Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Dodgers are shopping Andre Ethier?

The Dodgers are shopping Andre Ethier?

According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News and want to sign Swisher? This would not make sense but it is being reported.....so how about if this was true? Ethier will earn $85MM from 2013-17 after signing a five-year deal with the Dodgers this past June.

I do not know how others value him here, better than Bruce or equal?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Dodgers are shopping Andre Ethier?

Hes a platoon lefty, and a great one at that. The Reds could afford him at 5 per, but it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Hes a platoon lefty, and a great one at that. The Reds could afford him at 5 per, but it's a moot point.
    Yes it is moot.....before they signed Ludwick though, it would have been a tempting idea to trade for him.

I'd much rather have Ethier than Swisher though. 2 years younger. OPS of .913 career vs RHP. That's 75% of his ab's. Last year his OPS vs RHP was .945. I think Ethier would be good in Seattle with a smart platoon.

I hope they do actually follow through on this....and start trying to buy and overpay, like they can....with negative results. I know a few of my girlfriends are going to be sad though, like the Piazza trade.....they love guy and not for his baseball talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Yes it is moot.....before they signed Ludwick though, it would have been a tempting idea to trade for him.
    This. Six weeks ago, this would have been VERY tempting. With Ludwick and Choo in the fold there is obviously no space for him.
    Go BLUE!!!

Is the Dodgers goal to have a $20MM man at every position?
    Go BLUE!!!

I don't get the urge to move Ethier to pick up Swisher. Nothing against Swisher, but he's a lateral move at best and probably even a slight step backwards.

However, the Dodgers need IF help. A SS or 3B is a critical need and Mark Ellis could very well turn into a pumpkin at 2B. I assume other teams would make the Dodgers eat a big chunk of Ethier's deal (roughly $35 million's worth). Sending him to the Orioles for J.J. Hardy makes some sense. Wonder if the ChiSox could pilfer him for Alexei Ramirez?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

That ain't trading Either. Swisher is going to Cleveland.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    That ain't trading Either. Swisher is going to Cleveland.
    LA sure seems a lot more competitive to me in 2013 than Cleveland does. I know it all doesn't come down to a desire to win ballgames, but Swisher would be in for a rude awakening playing Cleveland after playing on a lot of good Yankees teams.

Turn Off Ads?