Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #4 prospect for 2013?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tucker Barnhart

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

47 79.66%
  • Amir Garrett

0 0%
  • Jeff Gelalich

0 0%
  • Ismael Guillon

0 0%
  • Ryan LaMarre

0 0%
  • Dan Langfield

0 0%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

0 0%
  • Donald Lutz

0 0%
  • Seth Mejias-Brean

0 0%
  • Tanner Rahier

0 0%
  • Henry Rodriguez

2 3.39%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Chad Rogers

0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

0 0%
  • Neftali Soto

0 0%
  • Nick Travieso

2 3.39%
  • David Vidal

0 0%
  • Jesse Winker

8 13.56%
  • Ryan Wright

0 0%
  • Other (Please name)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #4 prospect? 2013

Who is Redszone's #4 prospect? 2013

1) Billy Hamilton
    2) Robert Stephenson
    3) Tony Cingrani

This may be the last of the runaway votes. I am suprised Henry Rodriguez hasn't gotten any mention at all yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #4 prospect? 2013

[This may be the last of the runaway votes. [/QUOTE]

Not so sure about that. I'm thinking that, after Corcino is elected here, Winker might rout the field in the next one. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Winker made a little noise in this round.

gotta go with Daniel Corcino. With no injuries, he will probably have a career like Edwin Jackson. He throws hard. He throws strikes. His mechanics are good. He doesn't have huge amounts of mileage on his arm.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I went with Corcino. I think it is very close between Cingrani and Corcino, and I like both of them based on results and proximity to the majors. Winker will be next for me, but Corcino has done it for longer than Winker and against tougher competition.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    gotta go with Daniel Corcino. With no injuries, he will probably have a career like Edwin Jackson. He throws hard. He throws strikes. His mechanics are good. He doesn't have huge amounts of mileage on his arm.
    Jackson is a bigger, more projectable pitcher. Corcino is 5'11". I think Cueto would be a good comparison, but not every smallish pitcher turns out so well.

I think the jury is still out on Corcino. He skipped High A ball, went directly to AA from Dayton.

He pitched well, although his K rate was down and his BB rate was up.

Still, he made a big jump to AA and he's entitled to another year in the high minors to show his stuff.

Corcino has a quality arm, I'm just hopeful he can progress. In my mind, Winker is more likely to succeed in the majors, but Corcino certainly has a good chance too.

AAA should be interesting next year if both C pitchers are there.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-19-2012 at 05:15 PM.

I went Winker.

Love the BB rate and power as an 18 year old in the Pioneer League.

I could definitely see the reasoning behind putting Corcino here instead, as he's already been through all the travails a minor league guy could go through. However, Winker's possible upside (All-Star-level bat with above average to average RF defense) and ridiculous BB:K rate makes him my choice.

Where is Kyle Waldrop? Not even on the list, dude is going to be a stud, 5 tool OF

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Where is Kyle Waldrop? Not even on the list, dude is going to be a stud, 5 tool OF
    While I can't quite match that enthusiasm, the man has a point.

Absolutely agree Waldrop, my breakout player of the year, is the best player not on the list and, on my personal list, higher than at least a third of those on the list.

I asked if anybody needed to be put on the list and didn't get a reply. I also stated that I was going down Doug's top 25 to start with. Maybe that's why you don't see him. He will be on the next list.

No one has voted for Waldrop either.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I asked if anybody needed to be put on the list and didn't get a reply. I also stated that I was going down Doug's top 25 to start with. Maybe that's why you don't see him. He will be on the next list.
    Thanks, texasdave. Didn't mean to sound like a complaint about the list. I was going to ask that he be put on later. I don't see him getting any votes for a while. Just wanted to speak up for Waldrop.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Thanks, texasdave. Didn't mean to sound like a complaint about the list. I was going to ask that he be put on later. I don't see him getting any votes for a while. Just wanted to speak up for Waldrop.

No problem. Anytime anybody wants a name on the list, aside from that Golf Shirt dude, just request it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Once he turns some of that talent in to baseball skills, his star will rise. Nobody gets to excited about a .775 OPS in A ball.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Because I consider him more of a sure thing than Cingrani or Stephenson, Corcino is my number two prospect. I see him being anywhere from a really good #2 to an average #3. I think he takes Arroyo's spot next year.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Turn Off Ads?