Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Has main stream music passed away this generation?

Re: Has main stream music passed away this generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I agree with this completely. I love having access to a practically infinite amount of music, but it really has just factionalized the whole thing to the point where nothing has any real social impact and fails to shape the cultural identity at all. I listen to new albums that blow me away as much as any classic album, but nothing has any weight to it outside of the music itself. It does nothing but strike up debates in obscure forum threads and fill up space on a couple thousand kid's harddrives.
    If you've got a group of friends with a similar taste in music then I think music can still be pretty influential at least within that subset of people. I know Kendrick Lamar's new album was the talk amongst me and my friends for several weeks...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Hey, I just assumed that Frank Ocean was either the son of that Caribou Queen guy or a really honest large body of water. Seriously, I've heard the name, but that's about it.
    I keep mixing him up with Billy Ocean. Not the same person at all.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

It's really difficult to discern what constitutes Mainstream (insert format here) music today for two reasons:

* More sub-genres of musical formats than ever. In years past, there were not as many specialized sub-formated (again, insert format here) radio stations, online or over the air.

* As others have pointed out, it is much easier to access music today, so music that would've been considered Underground/Indie years ago may not be today.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?