Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day 2013 April 1st.

Re: Opening Day 2013 April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballFan1975 View Post
    Thanks you guys for the kinds words and accepting an Angels fan into the forum. I will be going to opening day regardless, and I look forward to bringing my kids to your great city for a few days before we head out for the rest of our break. Our spring fall this week, so Cincinnati is our first stop. Other than the zoo, and Reds/Angels, any other attractions recommended for a 7 and 9 year old?

Thank You.
    They may enjoy the Newport Aquarium in Newport, KY, just across the river from Great American Ballpark. Kings Island Amusement park would be great but doesn't open until April 27th. It sounds they are big baseball fans so the Reds Hall of Fame and Musuem would be a fantastic attraction but I wouldn't recommend going on game day as it's pretty crowded. Reds fan or not, the Reds Hall of Fame is just fantastic.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thanks you guys for the kinds words and accepting an Angels fan into the forum. I will be going to opening day regardless, and I look forward to bringing my kids to your great city for a few days before we head out for the rest of our break. Our spring fall this week, so Cincinnati is our first stop. Other than the zoo, and Reds/Angels, any other attractions recommended for a 7 and 9 year old?

Thank You.
    If you don't mind driving a little bit further, the Louisville slugger museum in Louisville (1 1/2 hr drive from cincy) is a lot of fun for baseball fans and especially for kids as well.

I go to Kings Island, (and/or Cedar Point) every year, but that's a guys trip. The aquarium sounds good, as does the Reds hall a fame. I will try to do both time permiting.

My Brother in law lives in New Albany, (the Indiana side of Louisville) so we are in Louisville 4-5 times a year, and I'm ashamed to say I have never taken my kids to Louisville slugger museum.. We are heading to Louisville for a quick family visit after Cincinnati, on our way to Mammouth Cave, so this might be the time to do it.

Thanks for all the info...I enjoy this forum a lot, Reds fan or not....

Go Halos

Heard the opening day ticket lottery starts mid jan and runs till mid feb. Does this sound right? Anyone know for sure?

Heard the opening day ticket lottery starts mid jan and runs till mid feb. Does this sound right? Anyone know for sure?
    Haven't heard, but I am in the same position as you. I'll be trying to get tickets the hard way. I have lived in Cincy for 28 years and have not been to an opening day game yet (partially because of my line of work being very busy and hectic that time of year.)

Reds' fans will welcome Halo fans with open arms. The only time I have ever seen less than classy behavior is when the Cardinals are in town. This game will basically be an All-Star Game with all of the money the Angels just spent.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

FYI - The Reds were offering Opening Day tickets for Group Sales. I received the information just after Thanksgiving. A group could purchase Opening Day tickets as long as you purchase 15 -30 tickets to Opening Day & spend the equal amount on other game(s) during the 2013 season. This offer is good through March 16, 2013. I doubt there will be many tickets for the lottery. Processing of these orders began on December 11, 2012. They were available on a first come first serve basis at Redsfest.
    Last edited by Hometown Crew; 01-02-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Last year the Reds had a package of 13 games or so that included Opening Day. Any word if that will be available. That worked out well.

Quote Originally Posted by XU Lou View Post
    Last year the Reds had a package of 13 games or so that included Opening Day. Any word if that will be available. That worked out well.
    I believe you need to get one of the 4 different 20 game season ticket packages to ensure getting opening day tickets. It is what I have done for years and it guarantees you playoff games along with opening day.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

In the past opening day tickets have been offered as part of the "Power Pack" promotion which is a package of about 10 premium games during the season....most on weekends, some midweek bobblehead games as well.

This was my package of choice until they started packaging entire weekend series as part of the 10 games and just couldnt swing the finances of staying in Cincinnati over an entire weekend.

FYI...this is usually offered sometime next month.

My beef with the Reds ticket policies has always been that I now buy a larger package than this (Bakers Dozen Saturdays 13 games) and have no access to Opening Day.

Ah well, I'll still be there one way or another

I'll be at opening day no matter what, we are staying at the Garfield Suites with the family. I am hoping we get the same warm welcome we've received in other city's. The only bad experience I have ever had was in Detroit, (go figure) I was lucky enough to have my tickets fall on Weaver - Verlander at Commerica. We also had front row seat, just off the third base side. A few Detroit fans were rude and yelled at us, even though I was with my then, 5 year old boy, and 7 year old girl. In fact, only at one point did any fan welcome us to Detroit. We have been to most of the midwests parks to see our Halos and everyone has been friendly and welcoming....Even at Wrigley and The Cell.

- What are good, and not outrageous places to eat Downtown? I've heard Madonna bar and grill is decent and cheap. - What is the best place for pizza downtown? - What will the Moerlein Lager House, be like for opening day? They take reservations 30 days in advance, and I was thinking of going there for lunch before the game. Will they honor reservations for this day?

Thanks for all the info guys. Everyone I have mentioned this too, (I live in Indiana) tells me Reds opening day is the best in the bigs....I am very excited.

I'll be at opening day no matter what, we are staying at the Garfield Suites with the family. I am hoping we get the same warm welcome we've received in other city's. The only bad experience I have ever had was in Detroit, (go figure) I was lucky enough to have my tickets fall on Weaver - Verlander at Commerica. We also had front row seat, just off the third base side. A few Detroit fans were rude and yelled at us, even though I was with my then, 5 year old boy, and 7 year old girl. In fact, only at one point did any fan welcome us to Detroit. We have been to most of the midwests parks to see our Halos and everyone has been friendly and welcoming....Even at Wrigley and The Cell.

- What are good, and not outrageous places to eat Downtown? I've heard Madonna bar and grill is decent and cheap. - What is the best place for pizza downtown? - What will the Moerlein Lager House, be like for opening day? They take reservations 30 days in advance, and I was thinking of going there for lunch before the game. Will they honor reservations for this day?

Thanks for all the info guys. Everyone I have mentioned this too, (I live in Indiana) tells me Reds opening day is the best in the bigs....I am very excited.
    In my 4 trips to Wrigley to see the Redlegs, I have never experienced anything but open arms, I tell people it is the happiest place on earth..... Because the Cubs fans have no hopes of ever winning, they're just there to have a good time.

You should be treated well at GABP
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Also, if you want to go to a beer specialty place, for my money I would head straight to the Haughbrau Haus
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

In terms of food, Moerlein House would not be a bad option although I am sure it will be very crowded and I wouldn't call it a "cheap" option (probably at least $15/person. IT has a great view of the river and is a nice restaurant across the street from the stadium. It has only been there for a year and half or so, and I am not sure about their policy for opening day but I am sure you could ask if you called them. If you are looking for pizza around downtown, your best bet might be Dewey's pizza across the river in Newport on the Levee (a 2 minute drive or 10 minute walk). Very good pizza place around Cincinnati with a wide variety of specialty pizzas.

I am sure you will be welcomed to Cincinnati, just don't get too sad when the Reds win!
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Still waiting on word for the tickey lottery for opening day. Come on Reds.com. Anyone hear any news?

Still waiting on word for the tickey lottery for opening day. Come on Reds.com. Anyone hear any news?

Was about to ask myself!!

Turn Off Ads?