Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2013 NFL Draft

2013 NFL Draft

Very early, but my top 4 wish list for the Bengals currently looks like:

1. Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
    2. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
    3. Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia
    4. Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

With the two second round picks, I'd love to get a WR and whichever they don't get in round 1 (LB or SS):

Keenan Allen WR California
    Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee
    Terrance Williams WR Baylor
    Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
    Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
    Anthony Barr LB UCLA
    Matt Elam S Florida
    Any of the Georgia safties

In the third round, I'd love to get a RB.

If they can come out of the top 3 rounds with a LB, SS, WR and RB, they should be in good shape.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2013 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

With the two second round picks, I'd love to get a WR and whichever they don't get in round 1 (LB or SS):

Anthony Barr LB UCLA
    Matt Elam S Florida

If they can come out of the top 3 rounds with a LB, SS, WR and RB, they should be in good shape.
    With Sanu and Marvin Jones, I don't see WR as a #2 need on this team. I'd rather see another DB, Center or RB

They need some young, healthy, talent at CB and I'd prefer that happen early in the draft instead of later.

On the O-line, when is Andre Smith a free agent? Would they try to re-sign him or do they need a young tackle prspect? Center would not be a bad idea either

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    They need some young, healthy, talent at CB and I'd prefer that happen early in the draft instead of later.

On the O-line, when is Andre Smith a free agent? Would they try to re-sign him or do they need a young tackle prspect? Center would not be a bad idea either
    If the Bengals don't re-sign Smith, they are hopeless. That will be like when they let Joseph go and had to spend a 1st round pick just to replace him.

Agree they need help at CB, but that's what Kirkpatrick was supposed to provide- if he can ever get on the field.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    With Sanu and Marvin Jones, I don't see WR as a #2 need on this team. I'd rather see another DB, Center or RB
    I'd be fine with RB. No need to draft yet another CB in the top 2 picks - they've already drafted CBs in the first round 3 of the last 6 years. Kirkpatrick needs to get on the damn field and prove he wasn't a wasted pick.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Anthony Barr LB UCLA
    Matt Elam S Florida

The Bengals biggest need is a play maker in the back 7. I do think Maualuga has come along recently but I don't think he is the answer at MLB going forward.

I may get lit up by the ND faithful but I wonder how good of a player Te'o will be in the NFL. He is a very good college LB whose star got a little too big this season. There is something to be said for being in the right place at the right time on defense, and he is exactly the type of player you want as the face of your franchise, but will he be a good NFL player? Is he quick enough laterally?

As for the Georgia LB's are they good/great because of each other? I think Jones would be a great get but I don't think he will be there when the Bengals draft. I think RB is needed and needs to be addressed with one of the first 3-4 picks. If a WR slips I would jump all over him in the 2nd.

My wish list would be
    1st: MLB
    2nd: S
    2nd: RB

I think they'll resign Andre Smith, if they can't agree to anything I'd expect us the put a franchise tag on him. Right now he might be the best RT in the NFL.

As far as needs, I'd go Safety-LB-CB-RB. And you can never have too much talent on your D-Line, we keep stock piling these guys and it's working out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The Bengals biggest need is a play maker in the back 7.

Weak draft this season. Bengals need a safety and some help at LB.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?