Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Carlos Marmol anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Carlos Marmol anyone?

Cubs has said he's available for a small package of prospects.

He's a killer arm, when he's on his A game, anyone would want to take a plunge?

Re: Carlos Marmol anyone?

I don't want him one bit! Not very good results and is due 9.8M next year so the more the Cubs eat the better the prospects we would be forced to send them making it not worth it IMO. He also has 3.76 ERA outside of Wrigley in his career and was 4.98 in 2012.

No way in 55 innings this year he walked 45 batters. He is not better than any of the late inning relievers the Reds have now.

Did anyone ever sign Chone Figgins?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Did anyone ever sign Chone Figgins?
    No

Absolutely not.

Please no. Walks are my #1 pet peeve w/ relievers and he's a free pass machine. No way I could handle the stress.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Please no. Walks are my #1 pet peeve w/ relievers and he's a free pass machine. No way I could handle the stress.
    Agreed. Bleeds has a good point as well, he simply doesn't fit the profile of what this bullpen is lacking right now.
    Not to mention that salary number would be a ridiculous addition for the Reds.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

His k/bb is on a rapid decline

We need a solid lefty for the pen, not a middling, mediocre, overpriced righty

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Cubs has said he's available for a small package of prospects.

He's a killer arm, when he's on his A game, anyone would want to take a plunge?
    He's available because he is a disaster.
    Last edited by redsfan1995; 12-20-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

No.

Redleger13

I want him right after we sign Milton Bradley to 10 year deal when he gets out of jail for nearly killing his wife. Horrible, horrible, horrible idea.
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

Turn Off Ads?