Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Available remaining free agents

Re: Available remaining free agents

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Any chance Berkman goes back to Houston?
    Houston just signed Carlos Pena. Unless they are willing to move Brett Wallace to 3rd, then I would doubt it.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Sorry to point this out... but are there any "available" free agents who are not also, by definition, still "remaining"?
    Hey. I'm the guy who came up with the commercials for 5/3's "Duo" card.

Just kidding.

Yeah, that was stupid of me. I'm an idiot. I'm dumb. Are you happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    JP Howell?
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...oweljp01.shtml

If we were getting the 2008 and 2009 version maybe.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...orzeto01.shtml

Agree about wanting Gorzelanny.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...orzelanny.html

Brewers to sign Tom Gorzelanny. Oh well.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

The Reds re-signed catcher Corky Miller to a minor league deal that includes an invitation to MLB Spring Training, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports (on Twitter). Miller, 36, spent this past season with the Reds' Triple-A team, posting a .235/.386/.354 batting line in 313 plate appearances. He has ten years of MLB experience, but last appeared in the big leagues with the Reds in 2010.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Rangers, Pierzynski Close To Deal
    By Zach Links [December 20 at 4:30pm CST]
    The Rangers and free agent A.J. Pierzynski are closing in on a one-year deal, sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter). The deal is still pending a physical and is not yet done.

The Octagon client met with Rangers brass on Tuesday in Arlington and the club reportedly has done extensive homework on him. Pierzynski would fill a major gap behind the plate for the Rangers, who lost Mike Napoli. The catcher posted a .278/.326/.501 batting line in 520 plate appearances with 27 home runs in 2012. Pierzynski also appeared in 135 games, reaching the 100 games threshold for the 12th consecutive season.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#tx27hUGcuvRcixFX.99

I heard Cork gets a signing bonus for his mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I wouldn't mind Kelly Shoppach to be this year's Dioneer Navarro.
    I agree. Signing him would be a nice insurance policy and if he did get to play he can swing the bat a little. Theres also some good pitchers still available. Liriano, Dallas Braden, and Farnsworth out of the pen.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I agree. Signing him would be a nice insurance policy and if he did get to play he can swing the bat a little. Theres also some good pitchers still available. Liriano, Dallas Braden, and Farnsworth out of the pen.
    Liriano: yuck. Minor league depth only.
    Braden: blown out shoulder
    Farnsworth: We need LHP, not RHP
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Liriano: yuck. Minor league depth only.
    Braden: blown out shoulder
    Farnsworth: We need LHP, not RHP
    I wasnt necessarily talking about Reds needs. I was talking pitchers in general. Someone will take a flier on Liriano. A LH pitcher who can still be pretty dominate at times. Braden has had a year to get that shoulder right. If someone having tommy john means there shoulder is done then why does 90% or more of the guys that have it come back successful.
    Last edited by DGullett35; 12-21-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I wasnt necessarily talking about Reds needs. I was talking pitchers in general. Someone will take a flier on Liriano. A LH pitcher who can still be pretty dominate at times. Braden has had a year to get that shoulder right. If someone having tommy john means there shoulder is done then why does 90% or more of the guys that have it come back successful.
    My bad.. I thought I read that it was Braden's shoulder that went out. I didn't know it was TJ surgery. I also thought you were making suggestions for the Reds.. I'm done arguing with you tonight.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I heard Cork gets a signing bonus for his mustache.
    You read it incorrectly-- Corky's moustache actually received the signing bonus and invite to Spring Traning. However, because it has to have a place to sit and is in such demand, it could name the face. Hence, Corky's a Red in Goodyear.

(Oddly, sources say the moustache hasn't shared any bonus money with Miller and is intent on spending it all on grooming products and Dapper Dan.)

It is very controversial among the Reds - some say it is a hairy situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    You read it incorrectly-- Corky's moustache actually received the signing bonus and invite to Spring Traning. However, because it has to have a place to sit and is in such demand, it could name the face. Hence, Corky's a Red in Goodyear.

(Oddly, sources say the moustache hasn't shared any bonus money with Miller and is intent on spending it all on grooming products and Dapper Dan.)

What about Delmon Young? The guy rakes against lefties and would project nicely as a reserve in this line-up....

.307/.347/.500 vs LHP over the past 3 seasons... 1 HR/23 AB's...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

-The Insider-

I wouldn't mind JP Howell. If the Reds needed pitching I would sign Braden, but he wouldn't really fit here.

Turn Off Ads?