Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Of the three big spenders this off season, who is more likely to fall apart?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dodgers

    25 80.65%
  • Angels

    1 3.23%
  • Blue Jays

    5 16.13%
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Implosion

  1. #1
    Member The_Mudshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    152

    Implosion

    I say the Jays. I could see any of them falling apart though, with the Angels being the most 'sturdy', but not by much.
    Last edited by The_Mudshark; 12-20-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    721

    Re: Implosion

    I had to go Jays too. Too many Miami transplants.

  4. #3
    Member The_Mudshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    152

    Re: Implosion

    Josh Hamilton worries me too, but I see him as the only problem in that clubhouse now that Pujols got out of that early slump.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    450

    Re: Implosion

    Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I had to go Jays too. Too many Miami transplants.
    Miami's problem was having Ozzie as the head coach, and the fact that the other half of the roster consisted of scrubs (outside of Stanton of course). The Jays have Bautista, Melky, Edwin and Dickey in addition to the Miami guys. At least that is my opinion on the Jays.

    I went Dodgers. With all of the money they spent, their lineup doesn't hold a candle to Anaheim's. Their starting rotation is better, but not by enough to offset the difference in my mind.

  6. #5
    Member mattfeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Implosion

    Although they signed Hamilton, I would really consider the Angels a "big spender" of the 2012 off-season. That said, I chose the Dodgers. I think Miami was doomed from ownership, to management, and to everyone else associated. The players are better than what their record showed, IMO.

    I hope LA will fall flat on their face.

  7. #6
    Fell for the Reds in 1956 RedsFaninAfrica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Okahandja, Namibia
    Posts
    40

    Re: Implosion

    I'm hoping the Dodgers bomb big time, mainly because I've disliked them since the Big Red Machine days, but I also hate big-market teams that try to buy a pennant through overspending, just 'cause they can. The Dodgers are my new Yankees, fun to hate.

    I got this funny feeling that the Blue Jays may just pull it off this year. Prolly not, but I"m just sayin ...

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    721

    Re: Implosion

    Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    Miami's problem was having Ozzie as the head coach, and the fact that the other half of the roster consisted of scrubs (outside of Stanton of course). The Jays have Bautista, Melky, Edwin and Dickey in addition to the Miami guys. At least that is my opinion on the Jays.

    I went Dodgers. With all of the money they spent, their lineup doesn't hold a candle to Anaheim's. Their starting rotation is better, but not by enough to offset the difference in my mind.
    I love Ozzie and he's got hardware. I wish more managers were like him but I understand most of today's athletes are thin-skinned prima donnas who need to be coddled. Such is life

    I could have just as easily gone with The Dodgers too I guess. I'm not sold they can gel the way a team needs to to make a deep run. Being a Sawks fain in the AL, I'm pretty sure Beckett has become a total cancer.

    To put it mildly, I cannot wait to watch the Angels play!

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    450

    Re: Implosion

    Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I love Ozzie and he's got hardware. I wish more managers were like him but I understand most of today's athletes are thin-skinned prima donnas who need to be coddled. Such is life

    I could have just as easily gone with The Dodgers too I guess. I'm not sold they can gel the way a team needs to to make a deep run. Being a Sawks fain in the AL, I'm pretty sure Beckett has become a total cancer.

    To put it mildly, I cannot wait to watch the Angels play!
    He's not a cancer, he just wanted beer and chicken in the clubhouse

  10. #9
    2013 Champs WDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    274

    Re: Implosion

    Dodgers definitely. I think the Blue Jays will definitely compete with Rasmus, Reyes, Bautista, Encarnacion, and a lot more.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25