Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Of the three big spenders this off season, who is more likely to fall apart?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dodgers

25 80.65%
  • Angels

1 3.23%
  • Blue Jays

5 16.13%

Thread: Implosion

Implosion

I say the Jays. I could see any of them falling apart though, with the Angels being the most 'sturdy', but not by much.
    Last edited by The_Mudshark; 12-20-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Implosion

I had to go Jays too. Too many Miami transplants.

Josh Hamilton worries me too, but I see him as the only problem in that clubhouse now that Pujols got out of that early slump.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I had to go Jays too. Too many Miami transplants.
    Miami's problem was having Ozzie as the head coach, and the fact that the other half of the roster consisted of scrubs (outside of Stanton of course). The Jays have Bautista, Melky, Edwin and Dickey in addition to the Miami guys. At least that is my opinion on the Jays.

I went Dodgers. With all of the money they spent, their lineup doesn't hold a candle to Anaheim's. Their starting rotation is better, but not by enough to offset the difference in my mind.

Although they signed Hamilton, I would really consider the Angels a "big spender" of the 2012 off-season. That said, I chose the Dodgers. I think Miami was doomed from ownership, to management, and to everyone else associated. The players are better than what their record showed, IMO.

I hope LA will fall flat on their face.

Fell for the Reds in 1956 RedsFaninAfrica's Avatar

I'm hoping the Dodgers bomb big time, mainly because I've disliked them since the Big Red Machine days, but I also hate big-market teams that try to buy a pennant through overspending, just 'cause they can. The Dodgers are my new Yankees, fun to hate.

I got this funny feeling that the Blue Jays may just pull it off this year. Prolly not, but I"m just sayin ...

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    Miami's problem was having Ozzie as the head coach, and the fact that the other half of the roster consisted of scrubs (outside of Stanton of course). The Jays have Bautista, Melky, Edwin and Dickey in addition to the Miami guys. At least that is my opinion on the Jays.

I went Dodgers. With all of the money they spent, their lineup doesn't hold a candle to Anaheim's. Their starting rotation is better, but not by enough to offset the difference in my mind.
    I love Ozzie and he's got hardware. I wish more managers were like him but I understand most of today's athletes are thin-skinned prima donnas who need to be coddled. Such is life

I could have just as easily gone with The Dodgers too I guess. I'm not sold they can gel the way a team needs to to make a deep run. Being a Sawks fain in the AL, I'm pretty sure Beckett has become a total cancer.

To put it mildly, I cannot wait to watch the Angels play!

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I love Ozzie and he's got hardware. I wish more managers were like him but I understand most of today's athletes are thin-skinned prima donnas who need to be coddled. Such is life

I could have just as easily gone with The Dodgers too I guess. I'm not sold they can gel the way a team needs to to make a deep run. Being a Sawks fain in the AL, I'm pretty sure Beckett has become a total cancer.

To put it mildly, I cannot wait to watch the Angels play!
    He's not a cancer, he just wanted beer and chicken in the clubhouse

Dodgers definitely. I think the Blue Jays will definitely compete with Rasmus, Reyes, Bautista, Encarnacion, and a lot more.

Turn Off Ads?