Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds pursuing reliever Mike Gonzalez

Re: Reds pursuing reliever Mike Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I hope this gets done. If not who would be another loogy we could sign? Aurthur Rhodes? he did good in 2010 but hes almost pushing 40 right?
    You give Dusty Authur Rhodes and we will see Rhodes pitching in every key at bat in the 8th and 9th

2. Turn Off Ads?

The wheels fell off of Rhodes in '11 and '12. We parted ways at the right time.

Rhodes is 43, didn't play in 2012, and pitched poorly in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    OK, what about John Franco?

Quote Originally Posted by CesarGeronimo View Post
    OK, what about John Franco?
    Maybe they can bring Mercker out of retirement one more time?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Everyone will love this move until opening day when Gonzalez is brought into face Josh Hamilton to protect a lead and gives up a three run homer to lose the game...
    Although I'm not a lefty, I'm quite certain I could come into a game and give up a 3 run homer to lose a game. Especially to Josh Hamilton! Where do I sign?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Maybe Ray King, Joe Sambito, Jesse Orosco or Gabe White have something left??
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Jocketty is going Jeff Shaw for the win.

(And Shaw is going to pitch LH.)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Although I'm not a lefty, I'm quite certain I could come into a game and give up a 3 run homer to lose a game. Especially to Josh Hamilton! Where do I sign?
    Call John Mozeliak. I'm sure he has some bullpen openings, but he can't guarantee that you'll face Josh Hamilton on Opening Day.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Maybe Ray King, Joe Sambito, Jesse Orosco or Gabe White have something left??
    This made me twitch a little, until I realized I was thinking of Rick White. Gabe White was fine, I'm all aboard the comeback train.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Jocketty is going Jeff Shaw for the win.

(And Shaw is going to pitch LH.)
    I heard Jocketty was talking to the Cowboy to do play by play from the mound during games.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Anyone think Pete Schourek would convert from a starter?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I heard Jocketty was talking to the Cowboy to do play by play from the mound during games.
    Off topic, but anyone remember when Brantley did color for TV from behind home plate for Homer's big league debut? I absolutely love Brantley as a color guy talking pitching, and I thought this was great. Let Thom/Chris do TV, Marty/Kelch/Flynn (who I also thought was great in limited action) do radio, and have Jeff as the "Up Close Color Analyst" for TV, kind of like Tony Siragusa does for the NFL on Fox.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

-The Insider-

Reds balked, Gonzalez to sign with Brewers.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Reds balked, Gonzalez to sign with Brewers.
    Wow, I thought it was down to the Reds or Nats. Oh well, if this is suddenly the Brew Crew's idea of a big offseason move, good for them. Sure beats them doing things like trading for Zack Grienke.

Anyone else feel like the Brewers had their 3-5 year window and said window is now closed?

Turn Off Ads?