Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Ryan Hannigan interview about: Batting 2nd, Chapman Starting Struggles, etc!

Awesome Ryan Hannigan interview about: Batting 2nd, Chapman Starting Struggles, etc!

Really awesome, and lengthy read, if you have some time:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...underrated-red

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Awesome Ryan Hannigan interview about: Batting 2nd, Chapman Starting Struggles, e

Very cool. Thanks

Re: Awesome Ryan Hannigan interview about: Batting 2nd, Chapman Starting Struggles, e

I hope Hanigan knows how much the fans really do appreciate him. He's an essential part of this team, and even with the potential of Mes, I hope that he remains a Red for a long time.

He's quietly become one of the better catchers in baseball, and was easily the most underrated player on a team that won 97 games. He actually put up more WAR than Jay Bruce last year - crazy.

This is a really good read. Hanigan's answers are straight forward and truthful. It's easy to identify that he's a true student of the game.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

One of the best baseball interviews I've read in my 60+ years.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    I hope Hanigan knows how much the fans really do appreciate him. He's an essential part of this team, and even with the potential of Mes, I hope that he remains a Red for a long time.

He's quietly become one of the better catchers in baseball, and was easily the most underrated player on a team that won 97 games. He actually put up more WAR than Jay Bruce last year - crazy.
    Great post! I completely agree. The Reds' staff had a great 2012, in large part because Hanny was behind the dish.

It's impossible not to root for a guy like Hanigan. There is nothing athletically impressive about him, was an undrafted free agent and worked his tail off to become one of the top half of MLB catchers.

I think the the thing I loved the most about that interview was when he was talking about Chapman becoming a starter is he said WE, not HE, but WE have a lot of work to do. Just a really impressive guy.

He didn't seem very positive on Chapman having success as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I got that impression too but thought it was just my bias coming through.

Great read. Thanks for posting
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Very nice article!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Really awesome, and lengthy read, if you have some time:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...underrated-red
    Wow, what an amazing article. That might be the most insightful and articulate sports interview I've ever read. Thank you for posting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    One of the best baseball interviews I've read in my 60+ years.
    I read this thread before I read the article, and I was thinking maybe you were using a little hyperbole in your post. But after reading the article, I agree with you. It doesn't get any better than that. When Ryan retires, he should go directly into managing. I'd hire him as our hitting coach right now. It would be a big upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I didn't take it that way. I took it as Ryan saying what most of us think. Chapman can't pitch as a starter the same way he pitches as a closer. He has to change some things and he knows it. I think that's all Ryan was saying.

My apologies for clogging up the thread, but one last thing.

Kudos to David Laurila. An interview of that depth has to start with a lot of good questions. He obviously did his homework. As a former sports journalist myself, I have great respect for that kind of interview.

Turn Off Ads?