Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awesome Ryan Hannigan interview about: Batting 2nd, Chapman Starting Struggles, etc!

Re: Awesome Ryan Hannigan interview about: Batting 2nd, Chapman Starting Struggles, e

That was actually an article with real questions and answers! Most of today's sports media involves the question you already know they are gunna ask and the answers as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Awesome Ryan Hannigan interview about: Batting 2nd, Chapman Starting Struggles, e

3 years ago my now ex-wife and I took a vacation to D.C. Just so happens the Reds were there that week (yeah, I planned it that way). We went to all 3 games of the series. In the first game, after the top of the 3rd, Cueto struck out the last batter of the inning. As he was coming off the field, Hanny noticed the ex (we were 5 rows up from the visitor's dugout) waving frantically for the ball. He lobbed it up to her perfectly and she caught it. She was more thrilled than I was. The next night he had the night off. She was obsessed with getting him to sign the ball, so we arrived early for the beginning of BP. Hanigan never came out. She asked a few of the players to go get him and told them what she wanted. Sure enough, he came out, all smiles and signed the ball. I still have it. He became one of my all-time favorite Reds after that.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I think the the thing I loved the most about that interview was when he was talking about Chapman becoming a starter is he said WE, not HE, but WE have a lot of work to do. Just a really impressive guy.
    That's one thing that I've really noticed about the relationship with Hanigan and the pitchers on the staff. They view themselves as a team.

For example, I watched the 9th inning of Homer Bailey's no-hitter last night, and in the post game interview with Homer, he kept saying "we" when describing the pitching performance, referring to he and Hanigan.

You cannot undervalue Hanigan on this team. He is a very important player, and I hope that he's teaching Mesoraco a lot of the things he talked about in that interview. And I hope that Mesoraco is listening. Seriously, though, how can you have two better people to teach you the craft of catching on the way up than Corky Miller and Ryan Hanigan?

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    He didn't seem very positive on Chapman having success as a starter.
    No one does

Turn Off Ads?