Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox about to aquire Hanrahan?

Red Sox about to aquire Hanrahan?

link: Hanrahan to Red Sox

I say the Reds need to trade for Hanrahan. How awesome would it be to have Hanigan, Hanahan, and Hanrahan on the same team?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Red Sox about to aquire Hanrahan?

That was my plan to get Tim McCarver to retire.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The only thing better would be a team that had Pokey, Gookie, and Corky. Oh, wait...

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Hanrahan's walk rate jumped through the roof last year. He is likely to get expensive in terms of salary soon, too. I think I would take him for some non-prospects, but my bet is that the Red Sox are already offering something of value for him.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

This is a good time to move Hanrahan, IMO, if I was the Pirates.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Hanrahan in for the Reds to close. He replaces Hand. It's a bunt to third. Hanrahan just misses it, but Hannahan picks it up and throws home to Hanigan on the squeeze play.

We need to acquire Hand, Hanrahan, and Tommy Hanson to have a monopoly on Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Hanrahan in for the Reds to close. He replaces Hand. It's a bunt to third. Hanrahan just misses it, but Hannahan picks it up and throws home to Hanigan on the squeeze play.

We need to acquire Hand, Hanrahan, and Tommy Hanson to have a monopoly on Hans.
    Maybe we get Harang back while we're at it.

This reminds me of the Spring Training game where almost every players first name started with a J or my desire for the Reds to field a team full of guys with names starting with a Y

I love this deal since it almost invariably makes the Pirates a lesser team. Thin out that bullpen and put more demands on the fragile psyche of Jared Hughes. Great plan ... if you're a Reds fan.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Thin out that bullpen and put more demands on the fragile psyche of Jared Hughes. Great plan ... if you're a Reds fan.
    He's like the bullpen version of Carlos Zambrano, with a sprinkling of Chris Carpenter thrown in.

Other than that he's a great guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Done, it's Hanrahan and Brock Holt for Mark Melancon, Jerry Sands, Stolmy Pimentel, and Ivan DeJesus.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Done, it's Hanrahan and Brock Holt for Mark Melancon, Jerry Sands, Stolmy Pimentel, and Ivan DeJesus.
    Looks like a steal for the Sox.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I wonder if Melancon might return to form away from the mess that was Bobby Valentine.

I don't get them including Brock Holt. Is DeJesus the key?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I wonder if Melancon might return to form away from the mess that was Bobby Valentine.

Looks to me like the Sox dealt three fringe major leaguers/AAAA players and a AA question mark for this year's closer. The Pirates were right to deal Hanrahan, but should have been able to do better. Prices are always inflated for these guys at the deadline when there aren't free agents out there for no talent cost. I think this was a miscalculation by Pittsburgh. Should have gotten one more highly regarded guy at the deadline and left the fringe stuff out of it IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post

I doubt it, DeJesus cleared waivers a month ago. I have to think Hanrahan walking the universe in Sept. decreased his trade value.

Turn Off Ads?