Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam LeCure On Winning

Sam LeCure On Winning

I love that Sam LeCure has a healthy respect for the history of this organization but seems to be like many of us who have been fans for nearly 40 years is tired of hearing about TBR...time for a new day, new heroes and another championship.

MLB.com: Do you have a holiday wish for Reds fans? What kind of collective gift would you get them for the holidays?

LeCure: I would say the holidays are about hope. You always want to give hope. I think everybody sees that the organization is moving in the right direction and signing the core guys to be here and have sustained success. I am so tired of, "Oh well, next year we'll get them." And while I totally respect and appreciate the Big Red Machine, we need to get on board with this group. I don't want to call it the New Red Machine, either. I want it to become its own thing. I want us to be like that team, for sure, but I'm tired of hearing about the past and next year. The time is now. From the radio interviews I've done, I hear that last year was awesome and next year is the year. Next year, I don't want to say, "Next year is the year." I want to say, "This year was the year."
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...s_cin&c_id=cin
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sam LeCure On Winning

Awesome!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Winning? I guess he's been hanging out with Charlie Sheen.

Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Winning? I guess he's been hanging out with Charlie Sheen.
    Sam LeCure is bi-winning. He's winning over here; he's winning over there.

Seems a thought in the general Reds conciousness is that there is still some unfinished business from last season.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Last season was a really fun season. But really, teams get names for what happens in October. There is significant undone work remaining.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Yep, October is still what counts even tho the format now really dilutes what teams accomplish just getting there. A multi tier format means who is hot at the moment not who has the best team. Only gripe I have with tiered playoffs tho I understand it from a marketing pov with 30 teams.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Seems a thought in the general Reds conciousness is that there is still some unfinished business from last season.
    That would be very similar to the BRM days of 75-76; as you remember, Roy, those years were also about a lot of unfinished business. 1970-74 were years of bitter disappointment.

I like Sam's moxie.
    sorry we're boring

Yes this team is setting themselves up like the early 70's team. They may never be as good as the BRM but they can have a significant impact on baseball. As long as they don't let last seasons disappointing end affect this season. I like LeCure's comments. Votto has said much the same too. I think 2013 will be a great season with a much better ending than 2012.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Flags fly forever.

This organization is long overdue for another one.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Flags fly forever.

This organization is long overdue for another one.
    Flags do fly forever, but just to keep it in perspective, since the 1990 World Series championship for the Reds, 12 other organizations have won a world series championship (some of them multiple times), and 17 others have not.

Love to see it happen this year, and then multiple times after that, but looking at the big picture, I'd disagree on "long overdue."
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Flags do fly forever, but just to keep it in perspective, since the 1990 World Series championship for the Reds, 12 other organizations have won a world series championship (some of them multiple times), and 17 others have not.

Love to see it happen this year, and then multiple times after that, but looking at the big picture, I'd disagree on "long overdue."
    Boom, crush. Night, losers. Winning, duh.

Charlie Sheen

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post

Yeah, but one of those is the Cubs. They shouldn't count in this conversation.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Yeah, but one of those is the Cubs. They shouldn't count in this conversation.
    point taken. 16, then!
    sorry we're boring

Turn Off Ads?