Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Django Unchained

Django Unchained

I didn't see a thread on this, so I thought I might as well make one. Did anybody else who saw the movie enjoy it as much as I did? Unbelievable job by Tarentino and all the actors. I likely will go see it again in the theater.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Django Unchained

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    I didn't see a thread on this, so I thought I might as well make one. Did anybody else who saw the movie enjoy it as much as I did? Unbelievable job by Tarentino and all the actors. I likely will go see it again in the theater.
    I really want to see that. My wife and I are going to the movies here in a few days. i want to go to that one, but I bet it doesn't happen. It'll be a chick flick for me.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

"Hey, Honey. Have you heard about Tarantino's new romance flick? I hear it's swell. Wanna check that out? It has Kerry Washington, the actress from Mother and Child."

I loved it up until the last act. I thought the ending was sort of abrubt and not very clever. I'll need to see it a few more times before I decide if I like it better than Inglorious Batturds...

Actually really loved it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I have yet to see it, really anxious though. I was shocked to see how much criticism Tarantino took over the "N word" and racial related stuff. I mean seriously, it's a movie set in the time of slavery.

He did a great hour long interview on Howard Stern before Xmas. I'm sure it's on you tube if interested.

Found it. Here's the link, Tarantino comes in at about the 3:00 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSmBuf51f5E
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

There's already a DVD quality copy of the movie floating around the net...

same with The Hobbit.

That has got to drive studios crazy. Someone who was given a DVD screener of the film either gave it to pirates or pirated it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I loved it up until the last act. I thought the ending was sort of abrubt and not very clever. I'll need to see it a few more times before I decide if I like it better than Inglorious Batturds...
    we saw it last night and I completely agree. (spoilers) It felt like everything from the (first) house bloodbath on was a totally different movie. I was so with it up until that point...after that, it was fun, but it felt piled on. Like Tarantino worked so hard to get a tense, tight, entertaining story, and then when he got to that point in the editing room he just couldn't control himself anymore and wanted bloodbath after bloodbath. I get that he wanted to wrap up those stories and I'm glad Django got his vengeance, and I actually really liked how the last 20 minutes or so felt like a real take on a spaghetti western, but it was so different from everything else that it kind of took me out. And took away from some of the gravity of the earlier stuff.

Also my favorite part was during the tense library handshake moment when "Do You Hear the People Sing?" came blaring in from Les Mis next door.

Mostly I loved it though. What Tarantino does with music and dialogue, I could just watch all day. I was trying to understand last night why I respond so favorably to Tarantino and so badly to Wes Anderson when in some ways they're very similar, very stylized. There are a number of reasons (I think Tarantino is way less sterile, for example, and not just because of the blood) but one of them is that I think Tarantino is just able to get so much out of his actors. Anderson's actors usually do fine, but they do fine within the confines of his world; I feel like he fits the actors to his vision. Whereas I feel like Tarantino lets his actors run with what they bring to the table and then builds the movie around it. Some of the performances in this movie were off the charts. I thought Leonardo DiCaprio was fantastic.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Also when Tarantino first showed up in this movie I thought he was Pete Rose. I did not realize he had gained so much weight. I mean, pete Rose being in a Tarantino movie seems as good a bet as anybody else.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Yes, that was one thing that I didn't like either. It was really unoriginal. However, the movie as a whole was fantastic.

I saw it tonight and loved it until the useless bloodbath scene. It had a Full Metal Jacket feel to me, the first 2 hours was fantastic and the last 40 minutes was a waste of film.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

They call me "chef"

SPOILERS!

I thought the over the top violence was present throughout and the ending felt in step with the rest of the movie. In the third act Django escapes & achieves his revenge using not violence but the same kind of cunning that Christoph Waltz's character specialized in. I thought that was a nice fitting "lesson learned" moment that made the character's death not be in vain.

Best movie I've seen in a long while. I love westerns, and this was right down my alley.

Amazing movie.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?