Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Reds' new BP Caps, yes plural

Re: The Reds' new BP Caps, yes plural

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lots of teams going with the logo on the front of the cap (if they have one) from the UniWatch article. Most of them are ugly as all get outs. I dislike both the Reds home and away versions.

Maybe I'm the only one but I'd like to see all versions of Mr Red go away.

Wishbone C is all I need.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

I'm just glad to see those hideous NASCAR caps are gone.

Why do they need batting practice hats, anyway?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Lots of teams going with the logo on the front of the cap (if they have one) from the UniWatch article. Most of them are ugly as all get outs. I dislike both the Reds home and away versions.

Maybe I'm the only one but I'd like to see all versions of Mr Red go away.

Wishbone C is all I need.
    I agree. I think the Reds look best in a simplistic uni, and I thought many of the others were silly looking as well. One exception I'd make is the Orioles bird cap.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Now.. If only they had "Los Rojos" written on them instead. Oh, well. I guess I won't be buying.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

If they inverted the road cap, so it was a red top and a black brim, I'd probably get one. I don't have near the aversion to black that many here do. And personally I think Mr. Redlegs has a lot more character than the old running man Mr. Red.

You know, making such a major change is good for business. These caps are different enough that a bunch will be sold.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

And I had to buy a BP cap last year. I like the new ones tho. Mr. Redlegs is one of the coolest logos in baseball IMO.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Terrible. Its all about marketing. Same goes for the Los Rojos thing they are doing too. A wishbone C is enough for me. I just wish they would stay with that. I know I will never buy any of these marketing ploy items. But I guess there are enough gullible folks out there that will.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I see I'm in the minority, but I actually like that logo with the black background more than with the red background. I don't especially like either cap and won't buy either, but of those two the black background works better for me.

Maybe a bit off topic. Even with the disagreement, it is clear baseball fans are passionate about team uniforms. I don't really care about other sports though. To those of you that do, is this same passion there for football and basketball or is it really more of a baseball thing?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

In college sports, I've seen disagreements about uniforms, especially about adding black to uniforms when it's not a "school color." A lot of discussions end up being about tradition and school colors versus "what the recruits like", and "it's popular," at least on Kentucky message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Maybe a bit off topic. Even with the disagreement, it is clear baseball fans are passionate about team uniforms. I don't really care about other sports though. To those of you that do, is this same passion there for football and basketball or is it really more of a baseball thing?

The road hat is just awful. The home one? I can grow to like.

The actual product will look much better than these renderings, so I will hold final judgement.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Hockey has a lot of variation and a lot of opinions behind them

Turn Off Ads?