Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Still need another lefty for pen

Still need another lefty for pen

Any ideas on who may be a good fit to ad a second lefty to the pen, with Chapman moving to rotation? Thought Gonzalez would be a good fit, but Walt must look else where. Any free agents available or teams with depth that may trade?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Still need another lefty for pen

Arredondo is pretty much the 2nd lefty. Our 40 man is full, no one is removable. Rolen still might need a spot during ST and our bullpen depth is great. Plus they could use Cingrani if need be. I wanted a LH as well, just do not see it happening.. Not to mention I see Chapman being put on the "Kris Medlen" plan this year, he will be in the pen until mid season, then moved to the rotation.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

JP Howell is the best available LH RP on the market. The Nats are pursuing him hard, though. I'm unsure who else there is. Rafael Perez?
    Last edited by Ohayou; 12-30-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Arredondo is pretty much the 2nd lefty
    THIS... Arredondo has gotten lefties out at a better clip than Gonzalez (or Howell for that matter) for their respective careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    JP Howell is the best available LH RP on the market. The Nats are pursuing him hard, though. I'm unsure who else there is. Rafael Perez?
    Didn't JP Howell Sign last week? I would check but I am on my cell.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Nope, he's still a FA.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

How about Joe Thatcher of SD? Shouldn't cost much more than a right handed reliever. Would love to see him pitch closer to home. He is from Kokomo, IN.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    Arredondo is pretty much the 2nd lefty. Our 40 man is full, no one is removable. Rolen still might need a spot during ST and our bullpen depth is great. Plus they could use Cingrani if need be. I wanted a LH as well, just do not see it happening.. Not to mention I see Chapman being put on the "Kris Medlen" plan this year, he will be in the pen until mid season, then moved to the rotation.

I think that is what they will do with Chapman also. At mid-season, you could replace him with Cingrani and not miss a beat AND not stunt either of them developmentally.

Turn Off Ads?