Edabbs44 has me convinced, let them all in. Disregard the steroid allegations. Just vote based on the records....

It's too much of a slippery slope. Without proof, and without strict rules that were enforced by MLB, we will never know who used and who didn't. Sure, there is pretty good evidence against some of them, but really, so what? Much of the evidence is ancedotal and random. There was no fair system set up to seperate the guilty from the innocent. It's unfair to impugn everyone without proof when many didn't use roids. There is no way for those falsely accused of steroid use to appeal.

It's all just wrong. It's ex post facto. People are applying today's rules and standards to people that were allowed by their teams and MLB to do what they wanted to do. In my opinion, If I were voting, I would have to just toss out the allegations, rumors, and innuendo, and vote based on each player's on the field performance. I know, it's not a trial, and people can use whatever evidence of bad character they think they have, but if I had a vote, I wouldn't start down that slippery slope.