Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Help--considering a trip in for opening day

Help--considering a trip in for opening day

Hi all-
    Hoping some of you veterans can give a newbie a little advice: I'm a HUGE fan since my first game in 1980, but moved from the area when I was young, so don't know much about it....I'm considering bringing my 7 year old daughter on a trip up for opening day and need a little advice: 1) where to stay--particularly, do any hotels overlook the parade route?? 2) I know its a huge party and all---but will there be enough activities for a 7 year old girl to have a good time? 3) when do they announce gametime for opening day?? Thanks for any help!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help--considering a trip in for opening day

And I now see a similar thread below....sorry for the duplication

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    And I now see a similar thread below....sorry for the duplication
    You can't miss. Get a room downtown now, tickets to the games and go have a good time.

Thanks Helms--do you know if any of the downtown hotels overlook the parade??

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunguy View Post
    Thanks Helms--do you know if any of the downtown hotels overlook the parade??
    I'm almost positive that it goes through Fountain Square, so any of those hotels would likely overlook it.

The Westin definitely overlooks the parade, as long as you get a room on the north side. Not sure about the Hyatt. However, I do suggest hitting the streets for the parade. Lot of comarderie and good fun.

You are in for a treat.

Downtown is alive again, and very kid-friendly.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?