Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds Not Selected For ESPN Opening Day Marathon

Re: Reds Not Selected For ESPN Opening Day Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    I'm not a reds fan, and chapman, perhaps not latos, is a superstar. Dude throws 105 mph. Everyone knows the name Aroldis Chapman if they have ever seen 10 minutes of any MLB broadcast
    This is probably true. The term "Superstar" in sports doesn't really apply to talent or skill, it applies to marketability. Even though Chapman is very talented, he's famous for his fastball, and it has turned him into a superstar.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou1990 View Post
    THe Houston "story" will be over by the end of the 9th inning and they'll be done for the year. Let them have it.

Please join me in my peaceful protest by watching MLB network all year. THey actually talk about sports, games and stats. As compared to the "Worlwide Leader" talking about Golic in a thong, or about having 40 days of Nat Championship breakdown when all they really did was compare the Bama hotel to the ND hotel and wonder who had the edge.
    I started my protest last year when I decided not to get cable in my new place. It's slightly different, but ESPN being absolute crap is what made cable disposable. Although not having FSO does suck...

I HATE national broadcasts. I love the FSO crew by comparison. I know he's not well liked by some, but I could listen to the Cowboy do color all day long...he makes listening to or watching a game fun. Let ESPN focus on the big markets.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou1990 View Post
    THe Houston "story" will be over by the end of the 9th inning and they'll be done for the year. Let them have it.

Please join me in my peaceful protest by watching MLB network all year. THey actually talk about sports, games and stats. As compared to the "Worlwide Leader" talking about Golic in a thong, or about having 40 days of Nat Championship breakdown when all they really did was compare the Bama hotel to the ND hotel and wonder who had the edge.
    THIS! Even intentional talk, MLBN's "silly" show is better than Sportscenter. They have a show where they break down stories by sabremetrics...ESPN is TMZ for dudes. I think watching ESPN actually makes you dumber as a sports fan. I watch MLB Network every day.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    THIS! Even intentional talk, MLBN's "silly" show is better than Sportscenter. They have a show where they break down stories by sabremetrics...ESPN is TMZ for dudes. I think watching ESPN actually makes you dumber as a sports fan. I watch MLB Network every day.
    But without a national game on ESPN, how will we ever see cheese coneys or three-ways being made?

I haven't watched ESPN beyond college football coverage ever since the NHL moved on to Versus.

Yes, I'm a Hockey fan. So what?

I can't imagine the intrigue of Astros-Rangers outshining a Reds-Angels matchup. The star power of Pujols, Hamilton, Weaver, Trout, Votto, Cueto, Chapman, Phillips, etc. certainly would offer more attraction/entertainment than what the other game features.

Next time the Reds are approached about changing a game's start time to accommodate one of MLBN or ESPN telecasts, I would tell 'em to stuff it up their network!

Turn Off Ads?