Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #10 prospect for 2013?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tucker Barnhart

1 1.67%
  • Drew Cisco

0 0%
  • Jeff Fellhauer

0 0%
  • Amir Garrett

0 0%
  • Jeff Gelalich

0 0%
  • Ryan LaMarre

2 3.33%
  • Dan Langfield

6 10.00%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

2 3.33%
  • Donald Lutz

10 16.67%
  • Seth Mejias-Brean

4 6.67%
  • Jonathan Moscot

0 0%
  • Tanner Rahier

22 36.67%
  • Chad Rogers

0 0%
  • Gabriel Rosa

0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

0 0%
  • Neftali Soto

11 18.33%
  • David Vidal

0 0%
  • Kyle Waldrop

2 3.33%
  • Ryan Wright

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect? 2013

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect? 2013

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    It sounds like you're saying his performance would hurt his prospect ranking. I'm okay with that. But it's silly to completely disregard a performance no matter what the context is.
    I am just saying that it is one third of a month worth of data. It is essentially meaningless to look at the numbers. If there is something that suggests a change of skillset, that is worth looking into. But on pure numbers, it isn't even worth looking at.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    It sounds like you're saying his performance would hurt his prospect ranking. I'm okay with that. But it's silly to completely disregard a performance no matter what the context is.
    Putting weight in numbers from the AFL is like putting weight in what a guy hit between June 1st and June 15th. It is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. A two-week hot streak isn't indicative of anything.

After putting up some good minor league numbers, Lutz fell off a bit when he got to AA later in the 2012 season. So it was encouraging to see him have a hot streak at the AFL. It was a positive step after a rough patch.

I wouldn't exaggerate its importance. But if I were a Reds exec, I'd be pleased that Lutz did well there and I would be encouraged by that fact.

I understand. I just wanted to give Doug his daily dose of a semantic debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    Putting weight in numbers from the AFL is like putting weight in what a guy hit between June 1st and June 15th. It is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. A two-week hot streak isn't indicative of anything.
    What about June 1st and June 30th? June 1st and August 1st? Where do you draw the line?

We probably should add Jonathan Reynoso to the discussion for #11 and beyond due to his inclusion on the BA list.

Turn Off Ads?