Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Houston (Rematch) Game Thread

Re: Bengals vs. Houston (Rematch) Game Thread

I know Marvin will stay, but this really all the team will be under him.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Beginning to think Dalton's ceiling is lower than we thought...
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Beginning to think Dalton's ceiling is lower than we thought...
    He's Jon Kitna v2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

NFL QBs have to be able to hit wide open verticals. Dalton can make all of the throws except that one. If he can't figure it out then the offense will never take the next step.

Wait till next year, uh decade. Playoff wins are for good teams, not Bengals

No flow to the offense at all in the game, Zimmer pitched a good one keeping us in the game. Secretly hoping Gruden gets the call in Philly so Hue can take over the offense. Would like to see some speed in the backfield for next season.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I said win or lose that I would be happy with this season and I am. 3-5 to 10-6 is an accomplishment no matter who you're playing.

Next year just making it in won't cut it. If there's any good news it's that we're a regular playoff contending team and there's still soooo much room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Secretly hoping Gruden gets the call in Philly so Hue can take over the offense.
    I kinda agree. I'm not sold on Gruden.

If they would have had 1 offensive touchdown, they would have won. 3 games in a row Dalton doesn't have a touchdown. Not just him...but when he's been in the game

10-7 last year to 10-7 this year is not progress. Just because they underachieved early this year and then came back does not mean they did well. If they had played better early, they could have had a bye or a home game

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I said win or lose that I would be happy with this season and I am. 3-5 to 10-6 is an accomplishment no matter who you're playing.

Next year just making it in won't cut it. If there's any good news it's that we're a regular playoff contending team and there's still soooo much room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    If they would have had 1 offensive touchdown, they would have won. 3 games in a row Dalton doesn't have a touchdown. Not just him...but when he's been in the game
    Yeah I haven't been able to watch him much but the games I have seen he has really happy feet in the pocket. Almost like he's not willing to stand in the pocket very long anymore. I give him another season, but he has a lot to prove going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    10-7 last year to 10-7 this year is not progress. Just because they underachieved early this year and then came back does not mean they did well. If they had played better early, they could have had a bye or a home game
    Problem is you only have one play maker on offense, they need a Robin to Green's Batman. Until they get that I think the best you are going to get is 10 wins and a playoff loss.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Yeah I haven't been able to watch him much but the games I have seen he has really happy feet in the pocket. Almost like he's not willing to stand in the pocket very long anymore. I give him another season, but he has a lot to prove going forward.
    He seems to give up too soon, and he doesn't have the speed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Depends how you look at it. Sure we dealt with some injuries and underachieved early, but there's no doubt that we were a better team this year. We beat the SB champions, the Steelers with everything on the line, and played the last 8 weeks in virtual must win games and still made it in. Obviously just speaking for myself, but I'm pleased with what we accomplished this year. I was never under the impression that we were a serious SB contender. This is a big offseason though, because we aren't that far away.

I dunno what happened to our offense. Maybe it was Sanu getting hurt, maybe it was Cook returning, or maybe it's that guys like Wade Phillips and Dick Lebeau can just outcoach Jay Gruden...but about 5 weeks ago that team would have won today.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I know Marvin will stay, but this really all the team will be under him.
    I keep asking myself, if this were any other NFL team, would Marvin Lewis have a job?

Yes, Marvin is the most successful coach the Bengals have had in decades. He's brought the talent level up from what it has been in previous seasons. But when it comes to the playoffs, he has shown he can't get it done. He makes questionable decisions and has challenged some of the worst plays I can ever remember.

It kinda reminds me of Tony Dungy. I loved Dungy as a person and he was one of the best defensive coaches, but he never could get over the hump in Tampa. The Bucs fired him and went with Jon Gruden who won a Super Bowl the following year. Dungy got his own ring with the Colts, but that was more of the situation and having a HOF QB and an offensive system he kept in place.

I kinda hope that if Mike Zimmer and Jay Gruden get head coaching jobs that Mikey will decide to just pull the plug on Marvin and bring in a new staff. The odds of that happening though are slim to none.

Looking to the offseason, I want to see at least one pick on offense. We need someone who can create in open space and one of the players I would love to see is Tavon Austin from West Virginia. He could be an impact on special teams, be used out of the backfield, or opposite AJ Green. Upgrades at linebacker would be nice as well, especially given Maualuga's abysmal performance tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?