Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1369881.story

Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol just reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

That's a weird one. Not alchohol related yet charges pending, serious injuries but less than 33 MPH.

Seriously what a weird story.

Retired

If alcohol wasn't involved, I wonder if he had some kind of medical issue. Like a seizure, or some type of heart problem.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Tiger Woods in car crash

This being reported on several sites...

Tiger Woods in SUV crash near Florida home

Florida Highway Patrol is reporting Tiger Woods was transported the hospital early Friday after crashing his vehicle into a fire hydrant near his residence in Windermere, Fla., outside Orlando.

According to an official release from FHP and reported by Florida Today, Woods, had pulled out of his driveway in a Cadillac SUV.

As he began to drive .... (Woods) struck a fire hydrant," FHP reported. The front of Wood's vehicle "then struck a tree" located at a neighboring property.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP reported, according to Orlando Sentinel. However, a hospital employee said at 2:30 p.m. ET that Woods was not a patient. A hospital operator would not say if Woods had been treated and released.

Florida Today says FHP is reporting the crash remains under investigation and that charges are pending. The extent of Woods' injuries are unknown.

The FHP report indicates alcohol was not a factor in the crash. It also indicates "unknown" on whether a seat belt was used.
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/200...car-crash.html
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Re: Tiger Woods in car crash

Well, I'm glad his family wasn't with him and I'm glad alcohol wasn't involved. I hope he's ok.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

From a newscaster on Twitter:

darrenrovell1: Tiger Woods' agent on condition: "He is fine."

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Eyewitness accounts say he jumped out of the car and threw a tire iron into the crowd that gathered.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Eyewitness accounts say he jumped out of the car and threw a tire iron into the crowd that gathered.
    For real?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Can you blame him? He demands perfection from himself and he's been struggling to keep it in the middle lately. I bet someone took a picture during his turn.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Just saw on ESPN News that he was released from the hospital.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

This is yet another case of how the media falls all over themselves overreacting to a story regarding a personality....first it was a "SERIOUS ACCIDENT", then it became a concern over his facial lacerations and now it is pretty much chalked up as a minor accident---come on ESPNNEWS, CNN, et al...dont you have anything else to report on?

Now, to get on my own "soap box"---it was reported that authorities said no alcohol was involved...but when someone pulls out of a driveway at 2:30 in the morning after Thanksgiving and takes out a hydrant and a tree...me thinks that person may be full of "Holiday Cheer" or he was just in a rush to get to the Doorbusters at Best Buy.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    This is yet another case of how the media falls all over themselves overreacting to a story regarding a personality....first it was a "SERIOUS ACCIDENT", then it became a concern over his facial lacerations and now it is pretty much chalked up as a minor accident---come on ESPNNEWS, CNN, et al...dont you have anything else to report on?

Now, to get on my own "soap box"---it was reported that authorities said no alcohol was involved...but when someone pulls out of a driveway at 2:30 in the morning after Thanksgiving and takes out a hydrant and a tree...me thinks that person may be full of "Holiday Cheer" or he was just in a rush to get to the Doorbusters at Best Buy.
    Most likely he was tanked. They showed a pic of his house, the neighbors house is next door and the driveways are linked. They probably couldn't charge him with DUI, since he was never on a public roadway or anything, always on private property.

I thought Tiger was a better driver than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I thought Tiger was a better driver than that.
    Thread's over guys, you aren't topping this one.

Turn Off Ads?