Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/05/la...2_a2&eref=sihp

Is considering admitting to using banned substances. So much for never having failed a test. That, IMO, is meaningless.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lance Armstrong

Armstrong, 41, reportedly has been in discussions with the United States Anti-Doping Agency and its chief executive, Travis Tygart, to lift the lifetime ban, according to one person briefed on the situation.
    Sounds eerily similar to a situation that an MLB player went through whom Cincinnati fans are familiar with. For Lance's sake, let's hope it turns out better for him

He's gonna give an interview to Oprah that will appear on OWN Jan 17th. Reportedly he's going to admit all and ask for forgiveness. That's funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Adrian Peterson tears his ACL and MCL and then comes back and has one of the great seasons in NFL history. Peyton Manning, at age 36, has cervical fusion and then comes back and has an MVP year. Most of the players in the NFL look
    and play like superman. I think its more than just eating their vegetables. Yet, the media looks the other way, so the fans look the other way.

But for some reason, even though all of his competition has now been proven guilty of juicing (see Ulrich, Basso, Landis, Hamilton, etc, etc.) so its not like he had an unfair advantage, the media has decided that Armstrong is evil. So the fans have decided to get in line.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 01-09-2013 at 12:55 AM.

I don't think Armstrong would have been considered "evil" were it not for his constant denial and antagonistic attitude toward anyone who dared accuse him of something he quite clearly did.

It's one thing to retire before the cavalry comes, it's another thing to say "Why is everyone out to get me, I'm obviously clean, I've never failed a drug test, they're the problem." When it's all a big lie(that conveniently everyone except Sally Jenkins knows is a lie.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

An interesting discussion would be to compare the lying of Rose vs. that of Armstrong.

Instinctively, I'm more offended by Armstrong's, because of his above-mentioned arrogance. Pete just seemed like a troubled soul, which still doesn't get much sympathy from me.

Ah, arrogance. Now i understand. Arrogance doesn't bother me. Using my tax dollars to pay the guy asking the questions about something that happened years ago(see USADA) bothers me. Watching the media ignore what goes on in the NFL while condemning Armstrong bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Ah, arrogance. Now i understand. Arrogance doesn't bother me. Using my tax dollars to pay the guy asking the questions about something that happened years ago(see USADA) bothers me. Watching the media ignore what goes on in the NFL while condemning Armstrong bothers me.
    No argument intended in this question, but what exactly are your beliefs as to what is going on in the NFL?

What does this say about the drug testing process?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    No argument intended in this question, but what exactly are your beliefs as to what is going on in the NFL?
    I believe the vast majority of NFL players juice. Based on visual evidence. Human beings are simply not that big, that fast , that strong, or recover from serious injuries that quickly. I think there's so much money involved and everybody is cashing in, so the media just looks the other way.
    I'm not saying this is necessarily good or bad. But for the media to point fingers at Armstrong, while not even raising a question about our number one sport, bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    What does this say about the drug testing process?
    Another question is how come Armstrong was the only one to beat the tests. As i recall, most of his competition eventually got caught by the tests. Was Lance just smarter than everyone else?

Of course if Ullrich and Basso et all were juicing, it is hard to believe that Armstrong could beat them consistently if he was clean.

Final question, if they took away all the TDF trophies from Armstrong, and everybody else was juicing, who were the official winners of those races?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    An interesting discussion would be to compare the lying of Rose vs. that of Armstrong.

Instinctively, I'm more offended by Armstrong's, because of his above-mentioned arrogance. Pete just seemed like a troubled soul, which still doesn't get much sympathy from me.
    Well if Armstrong just announces it on Oprah without trying to sell an accompanying book then I'd say advantage Lance

Whoa! Just heard a major bomb shell about this interview. I guess Lance reveals that he never had that ball. He imagined it, gave it cancer then imagined it being removed.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Whoa! Just heard a major bomb shell about this interview. I guess Lance reveals that he never had that ball. He imagined it, gave it cancer then imagined it being removed.

For a Level Playing Field

After watching the Oprah interview I think less of Lance Armstrong. No emotion and still not answering all the questions. He is not Idi Amin or Joseph Stalin, but his attitude during that interview made me think of someone who let power get in his brain and is still not willing to tell the truth nor remorseful for the lives of others that he tarnished.

In other words... I think he is a piece of crap. I know, I know... Livestrong is a great thing. Not sure if I will watch part 2 of the interview tonight. I think last night is all I can take of Lance Armstrong. Just go away.

Turn Off Ads?