Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Enzo Hernández commits suicide

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Enzo Hernández commits suicide

Not sure this was reported elsewhere.

In Spanish

http://globovision.com/articulo/exgr...-quito-la-vida
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Enzo Hernández commits suicide

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Hernandez was traded by San Diego with Mike Cuellar to Baltimore, and then traded back with others for Pat Dobson.

2 twenty game winners involved in those trades, FWIW.

I remember going to sleep with my round Panasonic radio next to me, listening to the Reds playing in San Diego, hearing his name said by Al Michaels. I was young.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Enzo has been hitting well lately in my Strat replay. I was quite honored to know that he named a stadium after me in el Tigre. At least that's what the translator said. I'm guessing that something was lost in the translation.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I mentioned Enzo in the bad player thread RZ had going a while back. I can remember him pretty well from my young days. Mainly the baseball cards I had of him. He was a big part of some bad Padre teams of the early 70's. He's still a small part of my youth and I am sad that he felt he had to end his life in this way. RIP Enzo Hernandez.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Enzo really should have been a #8 hitter, but the Padre teams on which he played were so lame that he often ended up batting leadoff so that somebody like Tommy Dean could occupy the #8 slot. This led to some truly astonishing RBI totals for Enzo (1971- 618 PAs, 12 RBI). It's not Enzo's fault he wasn't really a top-of-the-order hitter, and as with all bad ballplayers we need to remember that a bad major league player is still an elite-level baseball player.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

RIP. Unfortunately, this is the first I've ever heard of poor Enzo. Kind of depressing to have two suicide threads floating around on RZ, eh? It's a difficult world for ex-athletes, I suppose. Far more so than we often think.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?