Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2013

Re: NHL 2013

Had to end sooner or later but what a great first half to this shortened season.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Break up the jackets!

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Break up the jackets!
    Winning is fun isn't it? 4 in a row from the Jackets? Who would have thought!

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

The Western Conference is just ridiculously jumbled right now. Seven points between third-best and last.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    The Western Conference is just ridiculously jumbled right now. Seven points between third-best and last.
    I'm not a big hockey fan but the city of Columbus is much more fun in the winter if the Blue Jackets are decent. They are only 4 pts out of 8th and 5 from 4th. I fully expect a collapse since sadly that is usually their MO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Winning is fun isn't it? 4 in a row from the Jackets? Who would have thought!
    Make it 5 in a row and back to back against the Red Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Yep, the back to back games are key, the Wings tanked offensively this weekend and only got 1 point, over at Hockey Ref they are on the cusp of the playoffs and with all the road games they have it's a realistic cusp.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.cgi

That said the BJ's have about a 13% of making the top 8, with odds like that the Wings need to perform on both sides of the ice better, I'll also add that the BJ's need to score more and let in less if they want to climb... 6 OT in the last 7 games is a tightrope approach to winning in this league.

8-1 win for the Hawks last night, looked pretty dominant against a sinking Stars team

So how about those Blue Jackets? Another win tonight and now they are up to 32 points on the year, same as teams like New York, Carolina, and San Jose.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

Sean_CaseyRules (03-23-2013)

I'm happy being along for the ride this year. Only thing that sucks, is we have only 4 home games left for the year. Gonna be a long traveling April, but hopefully being this close to playoffs will keep them going and playing the same way they are now
    Let's make some noise!

It's getting hard to tell your Rangers from your Blue Jackets these days. Gaborik should snap out of his recent funk now that he's free of John Tortorella, whose solution to everything is to yell louder (that has got to get tiresome).

As a Rangers fan, I'm hoping Brassard steps up a bit. He's got the tools to be a higher scoring player than he's been. Maybe, like Gaborik, a change of scenery will do him good.

Can anyone tell me anything about Moore other than that he's a large young man? Does he possess much in the way of skating ability or stick skills?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I was moderately surprised to see Nashville pull a wait-'til-next-year deal by moving Erat (especially to the Capitals, a team that's roughly in the same boat i.e. sitting on the playoff bubble), but it's probably a good move in the big picture. At this point, the best-case scenario looked like "squeak into the playoffs and lose in four or five to the Blackhawks." Even by Predators historical standards, the offense has struggled this season, and the Forsberg kid is exactly the kind of young player they needed to add.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Radio

Huge pick up in Gaborik by the CBJ today. As a Penguins fan living in Columbus, I must say that I do root for the CBJ under my breath because I don't want Columbus to lose the team, especially with them joining the east next year.
    When the CBJ is good, the city has a good attitude about hockey, and I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It's getting hard to tell your Rangers from your Blue Jackets these days. Gaborik should snap out of his recent funk now that he's free of John Tortorella, whose solution to everything is to yell louder (that has got to get tiresome).

As a Rangers fan, I'm hoping Brassard steps up a bit. He's got the tools to be a higher scoring player than he's been. Maybe, like Gaborik, a change of scenery will do him good.

Can anyone tell me anything about Moore other than that he's a large young man? Does he possess much in the way of skating ability or stick skills?
    Moore can skate with anyone. The announcers call him Skating Johnny Moore. Other than that hasn't shown much in the couple of years he's been here and has been passed by other young defensemen. Of course, he scores a goal last night but it looked like a gift.

You'll love Dorsett until he gets a dumb penalty. Gives everything he has with what little skill he does have.

Brassard always shows flashes of good play but disappears a lot. He was starting to be a little more consistent the last month or so.

Another win for the Blue Jackets, 3-1 in Nashville

Gaborik with the GWG, Bobrovsky was nuts again

Turn Off Ads?