Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 393

Thread: NHL 2013

  1. #256
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,370

    Re: NHL 2013

    Go Isles. Beat the Pens.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #257
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,370

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    hahaha I feel good for Jackman. He's a very good guy. Another amazing win and I hope they can take that momentum into LA.
    This is not intended to be inflammatory, just an observation. Its funny how we view our own guys. You Blues fans love Jackman and think he's a 'good guy'. We Hawks fans think he's a Jackass. lol.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  4. #258
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,661

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    This is not intended to be inflammatory, just an observation. Its funny how we view our own guys. You Blues fans love Jackman and think he's a 'good guy'. We Hawks fans think he's a Jackass. lol.
    He's loyal to the organization and puts his body on the line with block shots and such. He's a great guy in the community as well.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  5. #259
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,370

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    He's loyal to the organization and puts his body on the line with block shots and such. He's a great guy in the community as well.
    And we all love our players like that. Not disparaging your like for him, I'm sure if he were to be a Hawk someday I'd like him for the same reasons. Sort of like Carcillo. Hated him in Philly a few seasons ago but love his aggressive style in the Indian Head sweater.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  6. #260
    Member Spitball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    5,626

    Re: NHL 2013

    I developed a great love for NHL hockey in the 1960s and 1970s watching Bobby Orr and the Big Bad Bruins at the Garden and on UHF channel 38. I love baseball, but hockey is a close second.

    Btw, the Bruins beat Toronto tonight by the score of 5-2.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

  7. #261
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,661

    Re: NHL 2013

    Tough losses for the Blues and Red Wings tonight. Blues practically outplayed the Kings again but lose in OT and are now down 2-3 in that series. It's going to be tough to win two games in a row against them.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  8. #262
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: NHL 2013

    Glad to see the Blues were eliminated. Now if we can get rid of the Pens I'll be a happy camper.

  9. #263
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,370

    Re: NHL 2013

    O6 matchup. Hawks and Wings for the last time.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  10. #264
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,370

    Re: NHL 2013

    I still hate the Redwings.

    I hate that they are somewhat like the Cardinals. Doesn't matter that they have less talent, they have that magic horseshoe up their ass and they just manage to still play better.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  11. #265
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,914

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I still hate the Redwings.

    I hate that they are somewhat like the Cardinals. Doesn't matter that they have less talent, they have that magic horseshoe up their ass and they just manage to still play better.
    Hawks outplayed Wings overall last night. Attempted something like 66 shots to their 40 last night. The phantom goalie interference that took a goal back from us ended up being a backbreaker and shifted momentum. Took what should have been a game up for grabs to being over awfully quick.

    Still, I agree, have to give the Wings credit. They have elevated their play the last 2 games. Hawks need to find their top level if they want a strong chance of winning the series.

  12. #266
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,825

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I still hate the Redwings.

    I hate that they are somewhat like the Cardinals. Doesn't matter that they have less talent, they have that magic horseshoe up their ass and they just manage to still play better.
    Freaky Friday for the Wings.

    Finesse team for years often would get out grinded every other year in the playoffs and now are doing just that themselves.

    Role players are pushing the Wings upwards, coupled with stellar goaltending we are seeing a different Wings team then the past 2 decades (at least the past month or so)

    They are playing hard, Howard is hot and Babcock is a really good x's and o's coach

  13. #267
    OCS Prez Cant Touch This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    638

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Hawks outplayed Wings overall last night. Attempted something like 66 shots to their 40 last night. The phantom goalie interference that took a goal back from us ended up being a backbreaker and shifted momentum. Took what should have been a game up for grabs to being over awfully quick.

    Still, I agree, have to give the Wings credit. They have elevated their play the last 2 games. Hawks need to find their top level if they want a strong chance of winning the series.
    66 shots? The box score says shots favored Chicago 40-30. Still a little unbalanced, but not 66-40 unbalanced. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong statsheet...?

    Also, I wouldn't call it a phantom interference. It's a judgment call for sure, but Shaw was definitely in the crease.

    Howard is playing lights out. That's why Detroit is ahead in the series.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

    www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

  14. #268
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    592

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Freaky Friday for the Wings.

    Finesse team for years often would get out grinded every other year in the playoffs and now are doing just that themselves.

    Role players are pushing the Wings upwards, coupled with stellar goaltending we are seeing a different Wings team then the past 2 decades (at least the past month or so)

    They are playing hard, Howard is hot and Babcock is a really good x's and o's coach
    Starting around game 5 of the Anaheim series and excluding the first game in Chicago (tired legs?), I think the defense (beyond the top pairing) have really elevated their game, collectively. Seem much more confident with and around the puck.

    I've enjoyed the Nyquist/Brunner/Anderson line. Nice change of pace with young legs and skill to boot. Nyquist in particular looks like a great talent.

    And of coarse, as you mentioned, they are skating hard with a hot goalie and great coach. Perfect playoff combo. I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts.

    This series with Chicago is about as good as sport gets in my book.

  15. #269
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,914

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    66 shots? The box score says shots favored Chicago 40-30. Still a little unbalanced, but not 66-40 unbalanced. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong statsheet...?

    Also, I wouldn't call it a phantom interference. It's a judgment call for sure, but Shaw was definitely in the crease.

    Howard is playing lights out. That's why Detroit is ahead in the series.
    Sorry, was referring to shots attempted (ie. missed shots, blocked shots). It's generally a strong indicator of puck possession which ultimately drives scoring chances over long sample sizes as often goals are a result of bounces and redirections stemming from cycling, possession (ie. not always the nifty passes and breakaways).

    Reading the rule, Kerry Fraser summed it up pretty well on his article on TSN. Although a judgement call, what Shaw did was not consistent with the criteria for disallowing a goal. And wasn't particularly close. He positioned himself as players do 90% of the time in front of the goalie. I think Shaw's antics that point to the game allowed the refs to not give him the benefit of the doubt. Normally, I'd prefer that be a reviewable play (it is a tough judgement call to make in a split second), but the rule is the rule, and Hawks lost a goal because of a dumb rule and an unfortunate decision in the moment.

  16. #270
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,370

    Re: NHL 2013

    Hawks best get serious tonight.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98


Turn Off Ads?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25