Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2013

Re: NHL 2013

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Mike, good point on how losing streaks will be magnified, and that's something Nashville will have to watch out for. They have a seven-game road trip starting with game three, I think. This stretch would normally be in the middle of the season (it's pretty much an annual thing) but if they have a bad trip, they'll have to play their butts off the rest of the way to make up the ground.
    The Blackhawks also have a brutal schedule to start out with. Out of the first twelve games, they only get two home games. How the Hawks start out off the bat will determine their season, in my opinion.

As far as the Blues go, it looks like they got kind of lucky with their scheduling. In their first twelve games, they get seven home games. For the past couple of years, they have been dominant at home and teams have a hard time winning at the Scottrade Center. The other fortunate thing if you're a Blues fan is that with the last eight games of the season, they are only on the road one game. This will play huge, in my opinion, if the Blues are one of those teams on the cusp of making the playoffs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I know it's one game but the Wings look like they might have a tough year.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I know it's one game but the Wings look like they might have a tough year.
    Missed it tonight, but you are probably right, the back line is a mess and the team will need time to at least approach that to be respectable, currently they have little or no time to confront it and will suffer because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Missed it tonight, but you are probably right, the back line is a mess and the team will need time to at least approach that to be respectable, currently they have little or no time to confront it and will suffer because of it.
    Either that or the Blues are better than I thought they would be. I've never seen a game where we didn't allow Datsyuk a shot on goal. From top to bottom it looked like men vs. boys out there. On a side note, Tarasenko looks like he's the real deal. So many sick moves tonight on his part.

Jackets 1-0!

Haha, gotta enjoy it for now

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Either that or the Blues are better than I thought they would be. I've never seen a game where we didn't allow Datsyuk a shot on goal. From top to bottom it looked like men vs. boys out there. On a side note, Tarasenko looks like he's the real deal. So many sick moves tonight on his part.
    That was one fun game to watch there. Maybe this could be an interesting season, albeit a short one.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    That was one fun game to watch there. Maybe this could be an interesting season, albeit a short one.
    How about this Tarasenko kid? I've been hyping him up since the Blues drafted him. I'm glad the hype is justified. Kid has 3 Goals and 2 Assists thus far.

This is an absolutely sick goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9KRR1h2gBk

WOW what a shoot out goal as the Red Wings get their first victory of the year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o9mel_nAr4

Yeah, The Jackets played well to get a point

How about this Tarasenko kid? I've been hyping him up since the Blues drafted him. I'm glad the hype is justified. Kid has 3 Goals and 2 Assists thus far.

This is an absolutely sick goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9KRR1h2gBk
    I am absolutely loving what I've been seeing so far.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Hawks and Blues tonight for early first place in the division. St. Louis picked right up where they left off last season and my Hawks are scoring at will. Let's see what happens tonight when defense meets offense.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

A couple of observations thus far in tonights Blues vs. Blackhawk games:

Blues looked tired early but after the 10 minute mark, the teams have been playing about even.

Something I have noticed from other games is that they're really, really calling the interference penalty. Most of the calls I have seen thus far on this penalty have been very weak. The Blues player barely bumps the Hawks player and the Blues get a penalty called for it. Very annoying.

EDIT: Really good game. Again, I'm beyond annoyed at the officiating. The Blues got a horrible call against them in the second and it looks like the Blackhawks got a horrible call against them in the 3rd. The CBA might be different but one thing remains constant. The officiating in the NHL is probably the worst in all of professional sports in North America. Pitiful if you ask me.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 01-22-2013 at 11:11 PM.

It's sort of like basketball or holding in football, there are penalties an official could call on each play in hockey, hooking, slashing, interference, but I think the officials have to almost boil it down to 'intent' and then its just their own interpretation of said intent.

Good game last night between two good teams.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    It's sort of like basketball or holding in football, there are penalties an official could call on each play in hockey, hooking, slashing, interference, but I think the officials have to almost boil it down to 'intent' and then its just their own interpretation of said intent.

Good game last night between two good teams.
    Well, a good third period at least. Blues just couldn't keep any sustained pressure in the offensive zone until the third period and they gave up way too many odd man rushes early on. I was encouraged by what I saw in the third period. These two teams would make for an interesting playoff series.

Turn Off Ads?