Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2013

Re: NHL 2013

I hope Columbus succeeds big time with this new leadership group. Not enough to root for them, but I like hockey succeeeding in markets like Columbus.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Caps are coming on strong now. It took a while for them to get used to Oates' style but they're playing very well right now. Ovie is a back too. He's now tied for the goals lead with 25. Considering where this team was and now is and his recent play during this turn around he has to be among the Hart candidates.

The Caps have the luxury of playing in the worst division in hockey. Tampa Bay, Carolina and Winnipeg have all gotten hot, taken the division lead and then cooled off. We'll see if the Caps can buck the trend. They're pretty bad on the blue line.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Nice win by Columbus over SJ tonight 4-0

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Caps have the luxury of playing in the worst division in hockey. Tampa Bay, Carolina and Winnipeg have all gotten hot, taken the division lead and then cooled off. We'll see if the Caps can buck the trend. They're pretty bad on the blue line.
    Ovi is proving he's not washed up though. He might end up with the Hart Trophy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Nice win by Columbus over SJ tonight 4-0
    Wouldn't it be something if Columbus made the playoffs and Detroit was eliminated?

On a local sports scene, the Blues win their 5th straight game and solidify their place in the standings. They also have games in hand against everyone else.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if Columbus made the playoffs and Detroit was eliminated?

On a local sports scene, the Blues win their 5th straight game and solidify their place in the standings. They also have games in hand against everyone else.
    I watched more of that game than the Reds/Cards, and enjoyed it more. Elliott is on his game at the moment.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I watched more of that game than the Reds/Cards, and enjoyed it more. Elliott is on his game at the moment.
    This is the time of the year where it pays to be a ninja at the remote. I switched back to the hockey game in between pitches. I don't need no stinking DVR!

OldRightHander, how do you like the Bouwmeester trade now that we've had a handful of games to evaluate it? I can see why he was the most coveted D man for a trade. He has amazing speed for a D-man. Him and Leopold have really solidified that left side defense, which was lacking all year long.

OldRightHander, how do you like the Bouwmeester trade now that we've had a handful of games to evaluate it? I can see why he was the most coveted D man for a trade. He has amazing speed for a D-man. Him and Leopold have really solidified that left side defense, which was lacking all year long.
    That was a great move. He eats up a lot of minutes too.

I have Center Ice and the NHL Gamecenter app on my ipad. I had every intention of watching the baseball game on the tv with the hockey game on the ipad and it told me I was in a blackout area for the hockey game. I couldn't figure that one out. I'm 300 miles from Nashville and 350 from St. Louis. The only other times I've seen games blacked out on there is when they're playing Columbus. I wonder why Gamecenter would have it blacked out but Center Ice had it. So when the baseball game started swinging more in your favor, I just switched over to hockey and flipped back during commercial breaks to check on the Reds.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    That was a great move. He eats up a lot of minutes too.

I have Center Ice and the NHL Gamecenter app on my ipad. I had every intention of watching the baseball game on the tv with the hockey game on the ipad and it told me I was in a blackout area for the hockey game. I couldn't figure that one out. I'm 300 miles from Nashville and 350 from St. Louis. The only other times I've seen games blacked out on there is when they're playing Columbus. I wonder why Gamecenter would have it blacked out but Center Ice had it. So when the baseball game started swinging more in your favor, I just switched over to hockey and flipped back during commercial breaks to check on the Reds.
    It might be odd to say in this forum but late season NHL games are so much more exciting than early season MLB games. Teams are fighting for playoff positioning and it seems like many games are more intense than what you would get earlier in the season.

Ovi is proving he's not washed up though. He might end up with the Hart Trophy this year.
    Ovi doesn't fix the defensive problems.

As for the Hart, Crosby's probably got that wrapped even with his injury.

And if not him, then Kane or Toews are probably next in line given the year the Blackhawks are having.
    Last edited by M2; 04-10-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Ovi doesn't fix the defensive problems.

As for the Hart, Crosby's probably got that wrapped even with his injury.

And if not him, then Kane or Toews are probably next in line given the year the Blackhawks are having.
    Ovi is turning into Pavel Bure

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Ovi is turning into Pavel Bure
    Ooh, excellent comparison.

It might be odd to say in this forum but late season NHL games are so much more exciting than early season MLB games. Teams are fighting for playoff positioning and it seems like many games are more intense than what you would get earlier in the season.
    Yeah, the games are more intense. I don't know how many more of these 1 goal games I can take, but I'll take six in a row any day, no matter how close they are.

And on another note, how about Tarasenko's assist last night? Guy has some sick skills.

Turn Off Ads?