Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 393

Thread: NHL 2013

  1. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    942

    Re: NHL 2013

    Jackets win in Overtime.

    Absolutely incredible.

    Take over 8th place
    Last edited by 5TimeWSChamps; 04-18-2013 at 12:43 AM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #182
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    942

    Re: NHL 2013

    Columbus with a huge road win in San Jose 4-3.

    Stars only get 1 point, lose in OT to LA 4-3

    Columbus now 3 up on Detroit with 2 games in hand. If Detroit loses one of their final four games in regulation and Columbus wins @ Dallas and at home against Nashville, Columbus is in

  4. #183
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Columbus with a huge road win in San Jose 4-3.

    Stars only get 1 point, lose in OT to LA 4-3

    Columbus now 3 up on Detroit with 2 games in hand. If Detroit loses one of their final four games in regulation and Columbus wins @ Dallas and at home against Nashville, Columbus is in
    To me, they're the feel good story of the year. That said, I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to play Chicago in the 1st round. That thing is a bull.


    On a local front, the Blues wet the bed tonight. I don't know what it is about Colorado but they just cannot win there.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  5. #184
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    942

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    To me, they're the feel good story of the year. That said, I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to play Chicago in the 1st round. That thing is a bull.


    On a local front, the Blues wet the bed tonight. I don't know what it is about Colorado but they just cannot win there.
    Well, all 4 games against Chicago were 1 goal games, 2 of which went to overtime.

    Kings did it from the 8 seed last year. and hot goaltending is always the trump card in the playoffs.

  6. #185
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    41,625
    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Well, all 4 games against Chicago were 1 goal games, 2 of which went to overtime.

    Kings did it from the 8 seed last year. and hot goaltending is always the trump card in the playoffs.
    All true, but really the BJs are not offensively driven enough to match up in 7 against the Hawks no matter how well the last four weeks have gone

  7. #186
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    27,944

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    All true, but really the BJs are not offensively driven enough to match up in 7 against the Hawks no matter how well the last four weeks have gone
    The Blackhawks look invincible right now, but the Blue Jackets are a grinding team with a hot goalie. That can win you a series even when you don't have a lot of offense. Plus, Gaborik could switch into unstoppable mode for a short series.

    I'm a bit surprised Jonathan Audy-Marchessault hasn't gotten more of chance with Columbus this season. All he does is score. He's got a bit of a Martin St. Louis thing going on.

    However, I would not count out the Wings just yet, even if they're struggling to adjust to a post-Nik Lidstrom universe. That team could get 8 points from its final four games. If Detroit beats Phoenix tonight, it puts all kinds of heat on Columbus and Minnesota.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  8. #187
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    41,625

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Blackhawks look invincible right now, but the Blue Jackets are a grinding team with a hot goalie. That can win you a series even when you don't have a lot of offense. Plus, Gaborik could switch into unstoppable mode for a short series.

    I'm a bit surprised Jonathan Audy-Marchessault hasn't gotten more of chance with Columbus this season. All he does is score. He's got a bit of a Martin St. Louis thing going on.

    However, I would not count out the Wings just yet, even if they're struggling to adjust to a post-Nik Lidstrom universe. That team could get 8 points from its final four games. If Detroit beats Phoenix tonight, it puts all kinds of heat on Columbus and Minnesota.
    Wings lost another winger the other night (Ryan Miller broken hand) their defense can't score and their front lines are also coming up cold. Weakest offense in years for the Wings. It is a transitional year and they have accepted that in the locker room and front office, but yes.. they own their own destiny and they have Pavel, so it shall be interesting this week.

  9. #188
    OCS Prez Cant Touch This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    636

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Wings lost another winger the other night (Ryan Miller broken hand) their defense can't score and their front lines are also coming up cold. Weakest offense in years for the Wings. It is a transitional year and they have accepted that in the locker room and front office, but yes.. they own their own destiny and they have Pavel, so it shall be interesting this week.
    The last time the Wings missed the playoffs, the Reds won the world series. So I find myself conflicted: do I cheer for the Wings to continue the streak or do I hope history repeats itself?
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

    www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

  10. #189
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    27,944

    Re: NHL 2013

    I still can't figure out why Detroit sat on its hands at the deadline. It had cap space and the need for additional firepower was evident.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  11. #190
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    41,625

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    The last time the Wings missed the playoffs, the Reds won the world series. So I find myself conflicted: do I cheer for the Wings to continue the streak or do I hope history repeats itself?
    I believe they are resolved to not make a move to get to the bottom two slots, they'll probably spend some money in the off season and I wouldn't be surprised if they moved someone big this summer (Franzen?)

  12. #191
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    27,944

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I believe they are resolved to not make a move to get to the bottom two slots, they'll probably spend some money in the off season and I wouldn't be surprised if they moved someone big this summer (Franzen?)
    Moving Franzen would make sense, though it might not be easy to deal a 33-year-old player with a deal that extends to 2020. It may require a Sather mind trick in order to get another team to take on that contract.

    I'm sure they'll spend a bit this summer, though there's not a lot of game changing talent in the UFA ranks.

    I don't get the thought process of trying to hit the lottery with less than a 2% chance. I know some teams are thinking that way, but I find it baffling.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  13. #192
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    942
    Games to watch this week:

    Tuesday:

    Los Angeles @ Minnesota
    Dallas @ San Jose

    Wednesday:

    Los Angeles @ Detroit

    Thursday:

    Columbus @ Dallas
    Nashville @ Detroit

    Friday:

    Edmonton @ Minnesota

    Saturday:

    Nashville @ Columbus
    Minnesota @ Colorado
    Detroit @ Dallas

  14. #193
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: NHL 2013

    I really think that Columbus could be Chicago. I still do not trust their goaltending to be honest. It has been good thus far but I fear that they are going to regress to their means come playoff time. I would at least take Columbus's goaltending over Chicago's at this point. You guys have a strong defensive team so who knows.

    As for the Blues, I sort of want them to remain in the 6 spot unless they can move into 4th place and play San Jose in the first round. I do not want to face the Kings. They have been the Achilles Heel of the Blues this year and are a horrible first round matchup. I feel more comfortable matching up against the Ducks or San Jose.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  15. #194
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,042

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I really think that Columbus could be Chicago. I still do not trust their goaltending to be honest. It has been good thus far but I fear that they are going to regress to their means come playoff time. I would at least take Columbus's goaltending over Chicago's at this point. You guys have a strong defensive team so who knows.

    As for the Blues, I sort of want them to remain in the 6 spot unless they can move into 4th place and play San Jose in the first round. I do not want to face the Kings. They have been the Achilles Heel of the Blues this year and are a horrible first round matchup. I feel more comfortable matching up against the Ducks or San Jose.
    I'd like their chances against San Jose.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  16. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    942

    Re: NHL 2013

    San Jose beat Dallas tonight

    Minnesota beat the Kings


Turn Off Ads?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25