Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 393

Thread: NHL 2013

  1. #76
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    How was your experience OldRightHander?

    On a side note, was the techno music blaring loud there? I heard it on the broadcast and I normally don't notice it. It seemed loud and annoying. Maybe I'm just too used to a real organ playing music.
    The music was pretty annoying. They hardly used the organist. Other than that, it was great. There were some other Blues fans sitting around me and the locals were pretty listless after the first couple goals. All in all, I had a blast. First game in person in a few years. I'm going to have to make a road trip maybe.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  2. Likes:

    MikeThierry (02-01-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #77
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,547

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    The music was pretty annoying. They hardly used the organist. Other than that, it was great. There were some other Blues fans sitting around me and the locals were pretty listless after the first couple goals. All in all, I had a blast. First game in person in a few years. I'm going to have to make a road trip maybe.
    Games at the Scottrade Center are fun. It's a great atmosphere, especially when a rival like the Hawks or Wings are in town.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  5. #78
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Games at the Scottrade Center are fun. It's a great atmosphere, especially when a rival like the Hawks or Wings are in town.
    I've been a few times, but it's been a while. When I was driving I would find myself in town but never on a game day or if there was a game I'd end up with a load and have to split. The last time I was there, Pronger scored a goal.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  6. #79
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,547

    Re: NHL 2013

    Has anyone ever been so angry at a sport they just watch that they almost destroy their TV set by throwing a remote at it?
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  7. #80
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,431

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Has anyone ever been so angry at a sport they just watch that they almost destroy their TV set by throwing a remote at it?
    I've seen a couple Bengals fans do that personally. I'm surprised I haven't seen it more.

  8. Likes:

    MikeThierry (02-02-2013)

  9. #81
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Has anyone ever been so angry at a sport they just watch that they almost destroy their TV set by throwing a remote at it?
    Let me guess, the Backes penalty?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  10. Likes:

    MikeThierry (02-02-2013)

  11. #82
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,547

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Let me guess, the Backes penalty?
    One of the worst penalties I've ever seen. The officiating in that game was beyond horrible and both teams got bad calls. However, the Backes penalty was beyond the pale. The NHL is affirming my belief that it is the most poorly run league in North America as it pertains to officiating. What a joke.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  12. #83
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,326
    I don't let sports affect me, so no id never throw anything out of sports anger

    nor do I think any of the big four leagues trot out sub standard officials

    Seems counter intuitive

  13. Likes:

    MikeThierry (02-02-2013)

  14. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: NHL 2013

    Detroit must be really bad

  15. #85
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: NHL 2013

    What we're seeing in the NHL and the NFL is an effort to protect players from head injuries and at times that leads to calls like this where an official goes too far to the point of penalizing a clean play. He hit him clean and his head snapped back, so the referee goes overboard and calls what he perceived to be a head blow, but with where he was positioned, there was no way he could have seen a blow to the head had one occurred. I saw several clean hits penalized in the NFL this past season as well where someone just came close to the head. In this case, you had a major penalty handed out with ten minutes remaining in a tie game. That kind of call has a good chance of directly affecting the outcome of a game, so the referee has to be absolutely that he actually saw the infraction. Games should be settled by the players, not by the referees.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  16. Likes:

    MikeThierry (02-04-2013)

  17. #86
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,326
    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Detroit must be really bad
    Second night games are going to break some teams this short season

  18. #87
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,841

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Second night games are going to break some teams this short season
    Ya. Hawks just got absolutely molested in front of my home crowd in Calgary. Luckily every puck bounced the right way, and we got a fluke goal with 2 seconds left to tie.

    But really, had no legs tonight. Hawks dont get outshot often, let alone by 30 in one game!

  19. #88
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,431

  20. Likes:

    MikeThierry (02-04-2013)

  21. #89
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,547

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    What we're seeing in the NHL and the NFL is an effort to protect players from head injuries and at times that leads to calls like this where an official goes too far to the point of penalizing a clean play. He hit him clean and his head snapped back, so the referee goes overboard and calls what he perceived to be a head blow, but with where he was positioned, there was no way he could have seen a blow to the head had one occurred. I saw several clean hits penalized in the NFL this past season as well where someone just came close to the head. In this case, you had a major penalty handed out with ten minutes remaining in a tie game. That kind of call has a good chance of directly affecting the outcome of a game, so the referee has to be absolutely that he actually saw the infraction. Games should be settled by the players, not by the referees.
    I think a good idea for a major like that is replay if the player is being kicked out of the game.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  22. #90
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: NHL 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I think a good idea for a major like that is replay if the player is being kicked out of the game.
    Maybe if someone gets screwed out of a playoff game 7...
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company


Turn Off Ads?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25