Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeopardy Test

Jeopardy Test

In past years, a few here have taken the test. I was wondering what people thought about this year's version.

I passed the test a few years ago, but couldn't make the audition because it was the same day as my capstone presentation for my Master's. This year, I did far better on the test than I ever have before. It wasn't just that I thought I knew most of the answers; I was certain of them. Checking up on questions I wasn't sure of, I've only found four I missed. One was because I kept switching back and forth between Egypt and Tunisia, and had nothing written when time expired, and one was because I typed Chantel instead of Chanel (in that case, I had no idea of the answer consciously, so I must have known subconsciously in order to get it that close.)

So, if others have taken the test, did you think it was easier than usual, or did I just hit the right categories this time?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeopardy Test

I would say there's a good chance they're going to make it easier over the years in order to obtain a wider, dumber audience.

It was very lit-heavy this year, which plays into my wheelhouse.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I took it too. I don't know how it compares to previous ones since this was the first time I took it. I missed a few of the lit questions, mainly because I spent more time reading German rather than English lit.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I got like seven right...

I took it Tuesday night, I think I got about 35 right. So I guess no meeting Trebeck for me this year.

I've taken the test multiple times and even got to Round Two of the testing a few years ago. This year's test, IMO, was the easiest by far. I missed a couple due to spelling mistakes. (Stupid ones, at that.)

To be fair, however, my father-in-law thought this test was difficult-- that's like because he has a master's in biologoy and zoology and not one in lit.

Sunofa*****! I completely forgot this year... I hadn't missed it since they began doing it online. My year is ruined. I usually get in the low to mid 40's but have never gotten a call back.

I'm disgruntled with the online system, mostly because I feel like I'll never get to go on. I imagine there are thousands that do pass so it comes down to a lottery essentially in order to get a call up.
    Last edited by Spazzrico; 01-10-2013 at 11:01 AM.

I passed the test and have been invited to the follow-up auditions in Nashville, May 15!

11. Likes:

camisadelgolf (04-03-2013),Captain13 (01-10-2014),oneupper (04-03-2013),Raisor (04-03-2013),RichRed (04-03-2013),Roy Tucker (05-18-2013),Slyder (04-02-2013),texasdave (04-03-2013),Yachtzee (04-03-2013)

SO JEALOUS!!!!! But major congrats.. I had a friend get on the show last year. Would love to see a Redszoner on there!

Thanks. Odds are still long, but this is one step.

Good luck pal!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I passed the test and have been invited to the follow-up auditions in Nashville, May 15!
    Wow. Congrats! Keep us posted on your progress. I didn't realize they had such a rigorous selection process.

Give RedsZone a shout out if you make it on!

Excellent - best of luck!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?