Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Arizona agrees to trade Justin Upton to Seattle

Arizona agrees to trade Justin Upton to Seattle

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arizona agrees to trade Justin Upton to Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    I think the Reds could match this offer easily... Notice you wouldn't have to give up Chapman, Cueto, etc... Probably Leake, Cocino, Soto, Cozart and JJ Hoover

Then Trade Ludwick to some team seeking Power, like example... The Yankees.

7:40pm: The Mariners offered a four-player package to the D'Backs, according to Scott Miller of CBS Sports. Arizona would have received Nick Franklin, Charlie Furbush, Stephen Pryor and one of Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen or James Paxton.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...KU868vXzbRz.99

Justin Upton must wonder what in the world he did for this kind of treatment.

I would just want out of Phoenix at this point. They took down all signage of him today and took him out of all print media.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I think the Reds could match this offer easily... Notice you wouldn't have to give up Chapman, Cueto, etc... Probably Leake, Cocino, Soto, Cozart and JJ Hoover

Then Trade Ludwick to some team seeking Power, like example... The Yankees.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...KU868vXzbRz.99
    Even though I didn't really want the Reds to resign Ludwick, and would love to have Upton on the Reds, I would consider it shady to sign him to a two year deal, and trade him before the season.

And also, Walker and Hultzen are both top 10 prospects, and I beleive Frankin is top 50. So I doubt the above proposal would be anywhere close to enough if the DBacks were getting back Franklin + one of the pitchers + others.

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    Even though I didn't really want the Reds to resign Ludwick, and would love to have Upton on the Reds, I would consider it shady to sign him to a two year deal, and trade him before the season.
    Not to mention they couldn't even if they wanted to. Free agents signed in the off-season can't be traded until sometime in June or July, I believe. I think it may be acceptable with consent from the player, but why would Ludwick want that?

Not to mention they couldn't even if they wanted to. Free agents signed in the off-season can't be traded until sometime in June or July, I believe. I think it may be acceptable with consent from the player, but why would Ludwick want that?
    Hmm, now that you mention it, I kind of remember hearing that rule at one point. At least Loria waited until the next offseason for his big trades

And If I were Upton, I would probably say no too. Not because the Mariners are a bad team, I think they are somewhat close to competing, but if I were a slugger coming off a disapointing season, Safeco would not be my preferred destination. Moved in walls or no.

Then you'll have a great 4th Outfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Taijuan Walker is #4 in Mayo's Top-100 and Nick Franklin is 29th and then you have a LHP in Charlie Furbush who had a .174 BAA this year and a 23 in Pryor who has big time potential depending on his control coming off a nice rookie season.

There aren't many teams that can give up that kind of package for Upton, If it was the M's I would take it to Miami and see how off it is for getting them to listen for Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Taijuan Walker is #4 in Mayo's Top-100 and Nick Franklin is 29th and then you have a LHP in Charlie Furbush who had a .174 BAA this year and a 23 in Pryor who has big time potential depending on his control coming off a nice rookie season.

There aren't many teams that can give up that kind of package for Upton, If it was the M's I would take it to Miami and see how off it is for getting them to listen for Stanton.
    I would hate to see Stanton go to the M's. I want to see him play half his games in a hitters ballpark. With them bringing the fences in at Safeco, it might play like Marlin's Park (is that the name of it?), but still not ideal. (How insane would it be if Stanton were a Rockie)

But I agree with the thought though. See what on top of that offer it would take to get Stanton. If it's only a couple of extra B prospects then the M's would be crazy not to do it. If it meant throwing in Hultzen on top of Walker, that might be a tougher pill to swallow.

Turn Off Ads?