Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What's crazy to think is how good we can be if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

4. Likes:

Brutus (09-22-2013),dougdirt (09-22-2013),UKFlounder (09-22-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-22-2013)

That was an amazing comeback. To be honest, I usually stick with these games to the end, but I turned it off in disgust after it hit 30-14. I decided I was being a little hasty, so I turned it back on just a little later in time to see it at 30-21. Glad I didn't give up on it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

6. Likes:

dougdirt (09-22-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Did that win just happen???! WOW.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

8. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-22-2013)

This thread is hysterical.

It's week 3, you can't get so down about a team already. Even if they'd lost today, I don't think it'd change that they are a playoff team.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    What's crazy to think is how good we can be if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot.
    This is a very good team that could be unstoppable.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    This thread is hysterical.

It's week 3, you can't get so down about a team already. Even if they'd lost today, I don't think it'd change that they are a playoff team.
    No, but it could have changed whether they won the division or not.

Plus, if they had lost because they were simply outplayed, I think the reactions would have been different than when they turned it over 4 straight possessions after going up 14-0 before the Packers offense even touched the football. Plus, well, the history of the Bengals has a way of doing things that make you want to slam your head in a car door.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    This is a very good team that could be unstoppable.
    Let's not go that far. Andy Dalton is still Andy Dalton. The Bengals have playmakers on offense and defense, but this is a quarterback league and they don't have a top 10 quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Let's not go that far. Andy Dalton is still Andy Dalton. The Bengals have playmakers on offense and defense, but this is a quarterback league and they don't have a top 10 quarterback.
    Green Bay does.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

---
    Last edited by Redsfaithful; 09-22-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Weird double posting

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Green Bay does.
    Yes they do. And I don't trust their defense to take them to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    , if they had lost because they were simply outplayed, I think the reactions would have been different
    Reactions should be worse in this case, since it means the football team is bad.

This is a really good team. Fumble recoveries are random.

Gio only touched the ball 9 times today. Can you imagine when he starts getting 20-25 touches?

18. Likes:

wolfboy (09-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Gio only touched the ball 9 times today. Can you imagine when he starts getting 20-25 touches?
    I have been wishing to see it. I have a feeling I will be wishing it for a while too, for some very unknown reason to me.

It's too early to tell what Andy Dalton's ceiling is yet. He has the skills to be a top 10 QB. It's his third year. Look at Drew Brees and Tom Brady in year 3, you can't say they were appreciably better than Dalton at that point in their progression (Brees was probably worse.)

Turn Off Ads?