Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion

I bet Da'Rick Rodgers gets called right after the draft by the Benglas

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    7th rd pick- Reid Fragle. OSU

This is a pretty good pick. Former TE turned tackle, he has tons of potential.
    Witty signature.

Bengals next 7th round pick:

T.J. Johnson C South Carolina

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...son?id=2540251
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 04-27-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Surprisingly, guys with more serious off field issues are being picked before him. I honestly don't get it. He's a monster talent.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Every time I see this name I think of Mike O'Malley.

I absolutely love the Hunt pick. Zimmer will make this kid very good.

In the minority here, but I am not a fan of the Bernard pick. I have watched a lot of video of him and he doesn't look very fast to me. Shifty, but not fast.

Overall great draft, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Surprisingly, guys with more serious off field issues are being picked before him. I honestly don't get it. He's a monster talent.
    He shuffled off to Buffalo.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...darick-rogers/

Seriously, I would like the Bengals to bring in Tebow. John Skelton, Josh Johnson, and Zac Robinson are your options if Andy Dalton gets hurt. I have more trust in Tebow than any of those guys.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

10. Likes:

WMR (04-29-2013)

I am not in love with this draft.

I thought the Eifert pick was ok. It was more of a luxury pick than addressing a major need. In a draft where you needed to address RB, LB, and S taking a TE in the first is a gamble.

I really liked the Bernard pick. I like his explosiveness over the likes of Lacy. Lacy is too similar to BJGE and you also have to wonder if he benefited greatly from playing behind a pro oline in college.

I don't understand the Hunt pick. It reminds me too much of the Jerome Simpson pick of a few years ago. Again when you haven't addressed the major needs taking a flier in the 2nd round is risky.

Reports on the S from Georgia is that he is ready to start. I like that. I did like the Burkhead pick as well as the two OLmen taken. If Hawkenson can back up three OL spots I like that.

Overall I wish the Bengals had been more aggressive in moving up to get players they liked. They have been aggressive in trading but they like to trade down instead of up. The reality is don't be afraid to trade up to get a guy you like, especially when you consider that your not going to keep all 8 draftees on your roster.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Seriously, I would like the Bengals to bring in Tebow. John Skelton, Josh Johnson, and Zac Robinson are your options if Andy Dalton gets hurt. I have more trust in Tebow than any of those guys.
    The only way they should consider Tebow is as a FB/H-back and possibly an emergency 3rd string QB. Otherwise way too much of a distraction given what he brings to the QB position.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I thought the Eifert pick was ok. It was more of a luxury pick than addressing a major need. In a draft where you needed to address RB, LB, and S taking a TE in the first is a gamble.

I really liked the Bernard pick. I like his explosiveness over the likes of Lacy. Lacy is too similar to BJGE and you also have to wonder if he benefited greatly from playing behind a pro oline in college.

I don't understand the Hunt pick. It reminds me too much of the Jerome Simpson pick of a few years ago. Again when you haven't addressed the major needs taking a flier in the 2nd round is risky.

Reports on the S from Georgia is that he is ready to start. I like that. I did like the Burkhead pick as well as the two OLmen taken. If Hawkenson can back up three OL spots I like that.

Overall I wish the Bengals had been more aggressive in moving up to get players they liked. They have been aggressive in trading but they like to trade down instead of up. The reality is don't be afraid to trade up to get a guy you like, especially when you consider that your not going to keep all 8 draftees on your roster.
    I give this draft a solid B. I thought they did a very good job getting value with the first 3 picks. They didn't address the two biggest defensive needs of MLB and SS, but they got the best RB and the second best pass catcher - two big areas that needed to be upgraded in order to let Dalton succeed (or fail, but on his own merits). Hunt was a great value pick and gives us good insurance for if/when M.Johnson leaves after this year. Love his upside.

I thought the draft got derailed a bit after the first two rounds. Williams was not one of my five best safties in this draft, and I liked Sharmarko Thomas better (who went to the Steelers several picks later). I don't know if anyone taken after that will even dress let alone play this year. I think we really wanted Khaseem Greene, who went the pick before our fourth round choice. I would have liked Greene or LOVED to get Lattimore in the 4th round, and wished we would have made a run at Kevin Reddick, Da'Rick Rogers, Miguel Maysonet or one of the QB's as undrafted FA.

All in all, I really like what we did in the first two rounds, especially given who was on the board at that time, and that's the most important part of the draft. If Williams becomes a starter then this will have been a good draft. If he doesn't, it will be OK. Like I said, a solid B from me.
    Go BLUE!!!

Separately, at this point (and of course this is likely to change based off of what actually happens during the season) it looks like LB, S, and C may be our biggest needs heading into next year's draft.

However, if Dalton regresses this year with all the new weapons, all of that may get scrapped for a first round QB.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    the guy is simple not a QB. so i disagree strongly

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I think "major needs" in terms of MLB and S is a bit of an overstatement.

While I understand the frustration of watching Houston exploit a favorable matchup, in the end they scored 20 points, or 6 points below their season average.

The problem was they held the Bengals to only 13 points. Without an extra pass catcher and a home run threat to scare the defense with, Houston's d-line could just bear down on BJGE and Dalton.

Both in the playoff game and in the total season, it was really the offense which couldn't come through when necessary. I really think Eifert will fill a bigger role than any safety or MLB they could have drafted would.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I think "major needs" in terms of MLB and S is a bit of an overstatement.

While I understand the frustration of watching Houston exploit a favorable matchup, in the end they scored 20 points, or 6 points below their season average.

The problem was they held the Bengals to only 13 points. Without an extra pass catcher and a home run threat to scare the defense with, Houston's d-line could just bear down on BJGE and Dalton.

Both in the playoff game and in the total season, it was really the offense which couldn't come through when necessary. I really think Eifert will fill a bigger role than any safety or MLB they could have drafted would.
    Agree with this. Over the last 2 years, it has been our offense, not our defense, that has been the limiting factor. This draft addressed that need.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?