Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am not in love with this draft.

I thought the Eifert pick was ok. It was more of a luxury pick than addressing a major need. In a draft where you needed to address RB, LB, and S taking a TE in the first is a gamble.

I really liked the Bernard pick. I like his explosiveness over the likes of Lacy. Lacy is too similar to BJGE and you also have to wonder if he benefited greatly from playing behind a pro oline in college.

I don't understand the Hunt pick. It reminds me too much of the Jerome Simpson pick of a few years ago. Again when you haven't addressed the major needs taking a flier in the 2nd round is risky.

Reports on the S from Georgia is that he is ready to start. I like that. I did like the Burkhead pick as well as the two OLmen taken. If Hawkenson can back up three OL spots I like that.

Overall I wish the Bengals had been more aggressive in moving up to get players they liked. They have been aggressive in trading but they like to trade down instead of up. The reality is don't be afraid to trade up to get a guy you like, especially when you consider that your not going to keep all 8 draftees on your roster.
    As it turned out, I think Eifert was clearly the best pick at that point. I was hoping for a safety, but with Vaccaro and Reid off the board, anybody else would have been a reach. They were able to wait and get their top RB, so there was no point in getting one in the first. And I don't think the Bengals see LB as a huge need. I would have liked to see them take Arthur Brown (and I hate that the Ravens got him!), but they are apparently very comfortable with Rey manning the middle for the next two years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    As it turned out, I think Eifert was clearly the best pick at that point. I was hoping for a safety, but with Vaccaro and Reid off the board, anybody else would have been a reach. They were able to wait and get their top RB, so there was no point in getting one in the first. And I don't think the Bengals see LB as a huge need. I would have liked to see them take Arthur Brown (and I hate that the Ravens got him!), but they are apparently very comfortable with Rey manning the middle for the next two years.
    I do think there is a good chance that MLB will be our biggest need heading into next year's draft. Rey sucks. If there are no great MLB's in next year's draft, move Burfict inside and draft an OLB (which they may need to do anyway given Harrison's age).
    Go BLUE!!!

agree with the last 2, what the Bengals biggest need was finding guys that could get into the endzone. I think Eiffert helps w/ that a great deal, and I love what Bernard brings as a compliment to BJGE steady as she goes pounding.

Margus Hunt is certainly interesting. He sounds a lot like the OLB they took 3 years ago in the 3rd round, tall and lanky with a lot of upside. It took a couple of years, but Michael Johnson certainly blossomed, and in all likelyhood, they're going to need a replacement for either Johnson or Dunlop in the next year or 2. I don't think there is anyone else with that kind of potential coming off the edge on this team.

If anything, I think this draft is similar to the approach the Steelers used for so many years. Draft a developmental guy 2-3 years before you need them so you have a young talented guy to replace the high priced free agent you just lost. How many times did the Steelers plug in another LB that they developed over the years?

How would it be if Bengals went out and signed Tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    Pass. Rather not deal with idiot fans and announcers (Thom Brenneman) calling for him to start at the slightest mistake from Dalton.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

The offense was 22nd last year, the defense 6th. I'm pretty thrilled they addressed the offense in the first two rounds.

This looks like as deep of a Bengals team as I can ever remember them being. Doesn't mean anything since it's just on paper, but I'm excited. They should contend for the next few years at least, which is all I hope for with them.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

No thanks. I really respect Tebow as a person but he has not shown the ability to consistently play QB at an NFL level, and the circus around him would be a distraction.
    I really wish Tebow would agree to become a tight end. He probably could be a productive player at that position.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Has any team actually asked him to move positions or is that all just media speculation/talk?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    No thanks. I really respect Tebow as a person but he has not shown the ability to consistently play QB at an NFL level, and the circus around him would be a distraction.
    I really wish Tebow would agree to become a tight end. He probably could be a productive player at that position.

Reports are more than one team has asked Tebow to move to TE and he has declined to do so. I would imagine he tries to latch on with a team like NE since McDaniels is there if not it might be worthwhile for him to go to the CFL.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

If playing as an H back means being on an NFL roster versus not being on an NFL roster, i gotta believe he'll end up capitulating.

To this point he's been able to find a team willing to let him play QB; that ship may have sailed.

The Bengals have enough space to sign both Johnson and Dunlap while keeping Geno and AJ. They barely use their money and are always keeping some in reserve for possible injuries. You can also always cut someone like Peko and Gresham is gone after this year as well......as he to me is like the TE version of James Francis...big talent, little heart and ability to want to make himself better. Collecting a paycheck basically.

I think Gresham is signed for 2 more yrs

I'm assuming you are just creating discussion and aren't serious.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I heard an argument, from I believe Tim Hassleback, on ESPN radio the other day. He asked which would you rather have as your backup, the current backup for last season's NFL playoff teams, or Tebow. At first blush, you'd think the current backup, but once he started running down the list of backups, Tebow doesn't seem so far out of the picture as a backup QB. He may not win you a season, but he may just win you a crucial game in the 4th quarter if your starter gets hurt.

About when do single game tickets go on sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?