Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Which turned out to be 6 too many.

14 carries 25 yards....he's awesome.
    One of those 6 carries was for a touchdown.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    One of those 6 carries was for a touchdown.
    Well then I guess averaging less than 2 yards a carry is all okay!

Lost in the Bernard love is how much he's struggled in pass protection. Not uncommon for a rookie, and as the season goes on I'm sure we'll see him get more and more snaps.

Well then I guess averaging less than 2 yards a carry is all okay!
    I never said it was OK. You were talking about how Marvin threw the game away in the 2nd half by giving the ball to BJGE over and over. I was simply pointing out that wasn't true.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I never said it was OK. You were talking about how Marvin threw the game away in the 2nd half by giving the ball to BJGE over and over. I was simply pointing out that wasn't true.
    Well 6 times...is over and over and over and over and over.

At 40 seconds a play and less than two yards of prouduction....I'd say it was stupid.

Well 6 times...is over and over and over and over and over.

At 40 seconds a play and less than two yards of prouduction....I'd say it was stupid.
    I'd probably get used to it. Gruden isn't going to give up on our running game and let teams tee off on Dalton. A solution would be blocking better, RBs don't tackle themselves for 3 yard losses.

8. Likes:

Dom Heffner (09-08-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

BJGE is awesome for 3rd and very short. He nails that situation. He's still got enough left in him to be a good 3rd down back or some other complementary role. But Gio should be getting most of the snaps.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I'd probably get used to it. Gruden isn't going to give up on our running game and let teams tee off on Dalton. A solution would be blocking better, RBs don't tackle themselves for 3 yard losses.
    No, but plenty of running backs can turn a 3 yard loss into a 0 yard loss. BJGE isn't that guy. Never has been. Never will be. The only reason I can come up with as to why he has a job is because he didn't fumble for years. He isn't fast. He isn't shifty. He isn't a 3rd down pass receiving type. He just doesn't fumble.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He isn't shifty.
    As I was first glancing over your post, I read this incorrectly and thought to myself, "what're you talking about, yes he is."

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No, but plenty of running backs can turn a 3 yard loss into a 0 yard loss. BJGE isn't that guy. Never has been. Never will be. The only reason I can come up with as to why he has a job is because he didn't fumble for years. He isn't fast. He isn't shifty. He isn't a 3rd down pass receiving type. He just doesn't fumble.
    I've always thought falling forward was BJGE's strength. A guy that will keep you ahead of the chains. The left side of our O-Line was getting blown up a lot in the 2nd half. That's less of a RB problem than it is a blocking problem.

Pittburgh lost both Foote and Pouncey today. Need a win next week with the Packers looming.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Anyone else think Gio could turn into a Ray Rice type back? That's who he reminds me of.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I'm just going to try to avoid this thread from now. Y'all can be a depressing bunch sometimes.

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    If he was the only problem, I'd be right there with you, but there are a lot of guys ahead of him on the blame chart.
    I can go with that.

He made ONE bad throw.
    That's one too many against good teams.

Turn Off Ads?