Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pete just said he thinks Tracy Jones juiced

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Pete just said he thinks Tracy Jones juiced

Did anyone else just hear that? Pete is on Colin Cowherd's radio show on ESPN. Was asked if he had suspicions of anyone using 'roids when he was managing the Reds. He said "Yes, Tracy Jones." Also mentioned he thought Jones was the only one. (And couched it by saying he's not positive that Jones used, just that he suspected it.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pete just said he thinks Tracy Jones juiced

Bazinga.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Well judging by the results of his career, Jones didn't juice enough.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Jones needs a refund if he did. It didn't work too well.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

OK, so I've got to wonder, is Pete on the up & up about this, or is he playing along in another 700wlw stunt and used Colin as a spark? I guess we'll know this afternoon based upon how this is played up on 700. If it talked about all afternoon, stunt (though perhaps based upon truth?), if its ignored, then its probably true.

B/c for a national show, if Pete says somebody juiced and the person is Tracy Jones, 95% of america says "who?"

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Tracy's incredible strength and workouts were chronicled in a few spring training stories in '87-'88. I remember the stories talking about him benching 450lbs and going on to detail his workouts which seemed extreme. I was an impressionable young man back then and was fascinated with Jones, Daniels, Larkin, McClendon and few others. I kept thinking if I could someday bench 450 I could be a big leaguer too. Crazy the stuff you remember.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I'm telling you, get Pete his own show...

Colin Cowherd
    Tracy Jones
    Pete Rose

What is: People whose opinions I don't care about?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Tracy Jones Brawl vs The Braves. Good stuff here. Some of my baseball faves are in this video. Stargell, Murphy, Daniels, Bo Diaz, Davis, Nettles... pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAEH9NeHJUA
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Pete probably knows more about steroids than he'll ever let on

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...steroids&num=2

Larry Starr pulled into the parking lot of Gold's Gym in suburban Cincinnati. He'd come at the invitation of his boss, Pete Rose. The Reds legend had ratcheted up his weight training since retiring as a player to manage full-time the previous September, and he was a fixture at Gold's. T-shirts sold at the gym boasted that it was the "Home of Pete Rose."

But as Starr got out of the car, he couldn't get a friend's warning out of his head: "Don't take off your shoes. I hear there are used needles all over that place."

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Tracy Jones Brawl vs The Braves. Good stuff here. Some of my baseball faves are in this video. Stargell, Murphy, Daniels, Bo Diaz, Davis, Nettles... pretty cool.
    Thanks for including this......except seeing baseball and a severe thunderstorm watch is just mean as I'm sitting here in the middle of winter

Bench and Brenneman as the TV team, what memories. Bench is a good commentator, never at a loss for words.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Frankly, I wish this guy would just shut his pie hole. I know, family board, sorry. First time I've used this expression.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Frankly, I wish this guy would just shut his pie hole. I know, family board, sorry. First time I've used this expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post

How could you forget Ozzie Virgil and the beard?

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    How could you forget Ozzie Virgil and the beard?
    I was never a big fan of Ozzie. I remember collecting his cards when I was around 12, primarily because he had a cool name.

I watched the video a few more times. Really cool to see Concepcion, Perez, Oester with hair, little Glen Hubbard and a few others. I really enjoyed watching the Braves telecasts back then. Bob Horner was an absolute train wreck.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?