Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pete just said he thinks Tracy Jones juiced

Re: Pete just said he thinks Tracy Jones juiced

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    Pete Rose: Hits & Mrs. sneak peak on TLC this Sunday at 10:00PM. Regular time slot is Monday at 10:00PM.
    Thanks for this info, it lets me know when to avoid TLC.
    Where we gonna go?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

First rule you have to remember about 'ol Pete: What's in it for Pete?

The more attention the 'roids get, the better he looks in comparison, crime-wise.

Baseball brawls are so comical. Back in the day, Tyrus Cobb met an umpire under the bleachers for a real scrap. Instead of fining and suspending them, they should make them really go at it one on one. That would be better punishment for the affair.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Not that I'm a Tracy Jones fan but consider the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Well, the source still has more hits than anybody that ever played the game and was inside those Reds clubhouses on a daily basis when Jones played. He might have a idea about the situation. Certainly wouldn't be a surprise if it were true.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Well, the source still has more hits than anybody that ever played the game and was inside those Reds clubhouses on a daily basis when Jones played. He might have a idea about the situation. Certainly wouldn't be a surprise if it were true.
    And his lifting buddy (and son) went to jail for dealing steroids and in Jr's case GBL.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    OK, so I've got to wonder, is Pete on the up & up about this, or is he playing along in another 700wlw stunt and used Colin as a spark? I guess we'll know this afternoon based upon how this is played up on 700. If it talked about all afternoon, stunt (though perhaps based upon truth?), if its ignored, then its probably true.

B/c for a national show, if Pete says somebody juiced and the person is Tracy Jones, 95% of america says "who?"
    No stunt. We were told not to play the clip.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Johnny Bench Night (I was there). Full game video. Love you tube

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbh7UpKvTyk
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Not surprised. I always suspected Jones as well.
    Over one winter, he came into spring camp absolutely huge, and was bragging about how much his bench press went up. I remember as a kid, how he talked about what an "Awesome" workout routine he had over the offseason. Then later in his career, he blamed the extra bulk for his many injuries.
    It just seems to fit the profile too much. I have no proof obviously.
    i've long thought the same thing since i first learned about steroids and Jose Canseco when iwas a teen. though to be fair, 'roids would have had no effect on his frostbite incident (which if he had half a brain, would not have come up).
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Tracy Jones has always loved the sound of his own voice.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Thanks for this info, it lets me know when to avoid TLC.
    the pedophile convetion of "Toddlers and Tiaras" and "Here Comes Honey-booboo" wasn't enough to boycot the entire network?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    No, but Pete has been known to be untruthful in the past so his credibility isn't real strong.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Yeah, and Lindsay Lohan might not be a virgin. Way to out on a limb there Pete!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    First rule you have to remember about 'ol Pete: What's in it for Pete?

The more attention the 'roids get, the better he looks in comparison, crime-wise.

Baseball brawls are so comical. Back in the day, Tyrus Cobb met an umpire under the bleachers for a real scrap. Instead of fining and suspending them, they should make them really go at it one on one. That would be better punishment for the affair.
    This story should be used as an excuse for umpires and players to have a gun duel in a parking garage in modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Frankly, I wish this guy would just shut his pie hole. I know, family board, sorry. First time I've used this expression.
    I agree...I am so tired of Pete Rose and his mouth. When he was on the diamond he was and exciting to see...off the field, I even made my grandmother turn off the Bob Braun Show.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?