Turn Off Ads?

Thread: John Sickels' Rankings

Threaded View

Salukifan2

Re: John Sickels' Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    A little surprised to see Hamilton as an A- prospect.

I just tend to be very very skeptical of speed prospects with very little power. It seems like 90% of them go the way of Dee Gordon/Pokey Reese etc...

I'll believe it transitions over when I see it.
    Hamilton is weird. Ive seen some lists that have him as high as the overall number 3 prospect and some that have him as low as 30th. It really comes down to the base stealing. Some think he will be the next lou brock on the bases, while others will say that stealing off minor league catchers and pitchers isn't much of an accomplishment. Also, hamilton was atrocious in the AFL for being such a highly rated prospect. I think that hurt his stock in many eyes.

I sit in the middle of the two arguments. Even if he ends up living up to the hype youre looking at the next juan pierre. Great ball player but not earth shattering.
    Last edited by Salukifan2; 01-23-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Turn Off Ads?