Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce willing to play CF

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Jay Bruce willing to play CF

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Bruce willing to play CF

I sure hope they take him up on the offer. And I hope he comes in lighter this year in any event. He doesn't need to get stronger; he should focus on staying lean and healthy. Range matters in RF too.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

He will be the CFer. The only thing that prevents it is Dusty's hardheadedness.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I sure hope they take him up on the offer. And I hope he comes in lighter this year in any event. He doesn't need to get stronger; he should focus on staying lean and healthy. Range matters in RF too.
    Agree in the weight thing, but I guess I just hope they do what's best for the team. I don't know if Bruce/Choo across or vice versa is better.

But I like the gesture by Jay. Makes total sense and shows his head is in the right place.

I love Jay Bruce.

7. Likes:

bigredmechanism (02-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Your quote made me laugh at loud. He should be the cf, obviously, but we all know someone wont allow common sense to happen. I highly doubt he'll be the cf.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I don't see what makes people think Bruce will be a big improvement over Choo. I think both guys project to be adequate CF in small parks (like the GABP) and well below average in big parks. If, as I suspect, there isn't much difference between them, I'd rather leave Bruce in RF and let the one-year rental deal with the headaches of playing out of position.

I thought Jay came in lean and athletic last season. Being trim, along with a nice mix of strength is great. I think Jay is a great athlete and can handle whatever is thrown at him... I love some Jay Bruce regardless! Hopefully the Reds make the right decision on Jay and Choo in CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    I don't see what makes people think Bruce will be a big improvement over Choo. I think both guys project to be adequate CF in small parks (like the GABP) and well below average in big parks. If, as I suspect, there isn't much difference between them, I'd rather leave Bruce in RF and let the one-year rental deal with the headaches of playing out of position.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Does this mean Bruce leads off?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

13. Likes:

bigredmechanism (02-02-2013)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

If Bruce has a good season at the plate, he'll win the CF Gold Glove!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Yeah. According to history with Dusty's lineups...

CF Bruce
    SS Cozart
    1B Votto
    LF Ludwick
    RF Choo
    .....meh.......you get the drift......

I'd rather leave Bruce in RF and let the one-year rental deal with the headaches of playing out of position.
    Agreed. Bruce can still get better in RF -- let that process continue.

Turn Off Ads?