Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

Baltimore with a crazy upset in Denver today. #26 Morris must be the most hated man in Denver currently right ahead of John Fox. Fun game to watch! Please feel free to discuss anything playoff related in this thread.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Re: 2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

That game had everything, but I think it's ruined me for this one, I can't get back into another the same way again so soon.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

part of BBN

As a Bronco fan, very dissappointed. Great season by PM. Home field adv and Bye week.
    Still.....season over.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Baltimore with a crazy upset in Denver today. #26 Morris must be the most hated man in Denver currently right ahead of John Fox. Fun game to watch! Please feel free to discuss anything playoff related in this thread.
    As a Raider fan I am happy! No Donks in the playoffs now! Just wish I could have watched the craziness. Sadly I had to work and have to work again tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

part of BBN

Sundays games will have a trouble topping today's.

These have been great football games.

This is almost always the best weekend of the NFL season, and this weekend started out the same way. The Denver/Baltimore game was incredible, and then the performance by Kaepernick in the second game may have topped it. Wow. When you think back to all the controversy about Harbaugh naming him the starter over Alex Smith, and then watching this game tonight, you realize maybe these coaches (some of them) know more than we think they do.

Drew Bledsoe! Alex Smith ran into some bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

As a Brown's fan I dislike both of these teams, and for obvious reasons. LOL

But having said that - that was one heck of a football game.... and choke job.

Baltimore played with far more intensity, and deserved to win; but Denver still should have won this game. They kept shooting themselves in the foot... poor coaching decisions by Fox, brain farts in the Denver secondary, the penalties ... letting the Ravens back into the game.

Those two TD's by the Ravens (at the end of the 1st half, and with less then a minute in the 4th) simply had me scratching my head. For cryin' out loud Rahim Moore! Play your normal defense, and you win the game.

The Ravens won because they hung around long enough to take advantage of the Broncos' critical errors. And Denver began playing, especially in the 2nd half, like a team hoping to avoid a big mistake.

I'm no Flacco fan. Any secondary that makes this guy look that good should be embarrassed IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Baltimore played with far more intensity, and deserved to win; but Denver still should have won this game. They kept shooting themselves in the foot... poor coaching decisions by Fox, brain farts in the Denver secondary, the penalties ... letting the Ravens back into the game.

Those two TD's by the Ravens (at the end of the 1st half, and with less then a minute in the 4th) simply had me scratching my head. For cryin' out loud Rahim Moore! Play your normal defense, and you win the game.

The Ravens won because they hung around long enough to take advantage of the Broncos' critical errors. And Denver accommodated them because they began playing like a team hoping to avoid a big mistake.

I'm no Flacco fan. Any secondary that makes this guy look that good should be embarrassed IMO.

And there was also some terrible officiating in this game too.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-13-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I had given up on the game since I wasn't watching the Bengals Just watched the highlight of the play and thought it was the Bengals That was so Bengalsesque. Not a tip or some freak play, just beat deep...on 3rd and 3...with less than a minute to play...how in the world??????????????? Awful day to be a Broncos fan, especially the one holding the block stencil letters Super Bowl XLWHATEVER sign.

But how does Dan Dierdorf, in all his UM grad "glory" describe the play? "Stunning." Can you demonstrate any more how incompetent you are to be a "color" analyst, neither of which he is, than to describe that play as "stunning"? Talk about understatement.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

My interest in the playoffs has just about collapsed. I primarily root for three NFL teams. I root for the Raiders, a heritage from my love for the John Madden Raiders of the 1970s, but of course the silver and black have been a pathetic joke for years. I root for the Bengals because they are the local team, and they of course were eliminated last week. I root for the Packers, partially because of the old Lombardi Packers and the players they had that I admired, such as Bart Starr, and because of their current generation that includes Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, et al. I was also kind of rooting for the Broncos because I like Peyton Manning, with the hope Green Bay would defeat Denver in this year's Super Bowl.
    Now that the Packers and Broncos both went down, no team is left that I care about. I don't even have the Steelers to root against.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

The Ravens won because they hung around long enough to take advantage of the Broncos' critical errors. And Denver accommodated them because they began playing like a team hoping to avoid a big mistake.

And there was also some terrible officiating in this game too.
    You can say that again!

Tebow would have gotten it done yesterday.

I think a lot of teams are going to regret not taking Kaepernick with their picks a few yrs back. However I am not sure why GB did not make any adjustments at halftime to stop this kid. Very undisciplined rushing attack all night against him allowing him to run at will with ease all night. Rodgers is going to have a tough time getting back to theSB with that defense.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?