Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

part of BBN

Re: 2013 NFL Playoffs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I too was surprised Denver decided to take a knee instead of throwing a couple passes. I guess they just didn't want to risk a turnover in that situation. Atlanta had all three timeouts remaining. Did Denver have any? The obvious difference is Denver had the luxury of knowing they were, at worst, going into OT, while Atlanta had to get in FG range to avoid losing.
    Noticed this piece of article tonight so a few others wondered on move also.

In Sunday's NFC playoff game, Atlanta moved the ball 41 yards in 12 seconds to set up the game-winning field goal with 8 seconds left. On Saturday, Fox chose to run out the clock with 31 seconds left and the game tied at the end of regulation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not a Pete Carroll fan either. But I loved his acting job ""What? Who called the T.O? I didn't call a T.O.!" LOL

I'm in a play-off pool at work ($20 - best record), and right now 6-2. One guy is 7-1. Both of my losses have come from picking against Baltimore. Of course we all took a loss Saturday, because we all picked Denver.

ATL couldn't stop Wilson in the 2nd half. Wait till next week when they face off against Kaepernick.

As for the Baltimore-New England game? I ain't decided yet. N.E. has a slight edge, and is 4-1 at Foxboro vs the Ravens, but they're always hard fought, tight games.

Interesting stats....

- teams that won the first meeting in the championship game are 5-0 in the rematch. The last time this happened in the AFC was 1986 and 1987, when the Broncos beat the Browns both times to go to the Super Bowl. The Ravens are 1-2 in AFC championship games, beating the Raiders in the 2000 season before losing to the Steelers in the 2008 season and the Patriots last year.

- The Ravens have had their struggles away from M&T Bank Stadium over the past two seasons, but they rise to the occasion on the road come playoff time. Since 2008, when Flacco became quarterback and John Harbaugh was hired as coach, the Ravens have the most road playoff wins in the NFL with five. That includes winning Saturday at top-seeded Denver, where Broncos had only lost three times in 16 home playoff games. Flacco's five road playoff victories are tied with Eli Manning for the most in NFL history.

- Baltimore has caused Tom Brady fits recently, which is why the Patriots quarterback is 2-2 against the Ravens in his last four meetings. Over that span, Brady has thrown four touchdown passes against the Ravens while getting picked off seven times. Where Brady has gotten into trouble against Baltimore is throwing deep.

Question marks?...

Losing Gronkowski will hurt; but the Pats won without him through most of the season.

Which ray Rice will show up? If he hits 100 yds rushing, the odds are the Ravens will win.

Both of these defenses have been shaky most of the season. But the Ravens seem to be playing with a lot of intensity during this post-season.

And then there is this guy named Wes Welker.

Right now I'm leaning N.E.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-14-2013 at 05:04 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I am not a Flacco fan by any means and I despise the Ravens almost as much as the Steelers. For the life of me I can't fathom how a good Denver D let the Ravens score two unexplainable TD's to end both halves. The one to end the 4th may have been one of the worst plays I have seen a NFL player make (maybe it makes up for the Denver TD against he Bengals a couple of years ago.) In two plays that never should have happened Joe Flacco racks up 130 yards, if you take those out his numbers look rather pedestrian, 200 yards, 50% completion rate, 1 TD.

That is the primary reason I wouldn't take the Ravens, wouldn't even think about it. Two defensive brain farts and Flacco goes from bum to hero. I don't think NE lets plays like that happen and I don't know how Baltimore stops NE enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am not a Flacco fan by any means and I despise the Ravens almost as much as the Steelers. For the life of me I can't fathom how a good Denver D let the Ravens score two unexplainable TD's to end both halves. The one to end the 4th may have been one of the worst plays I have seen a NFL player make (maybe it makes up for the Denver TD against he Bengals a couple of years ago.) In two plays that never should have happened Joe Flacco racks up 130 yards, if you take those out his numbers look rather pedestrian, 200 yards, 50% completion rate, 1 TD.

That is the primary reason I wouldn't take the Ravens, wouldn't even think about it. Two defensive brain farts and Flacco goes from bum to hero. I don't think NE lets plays like that happen and I don't know how Baltimore stops NE enough.
    At least the Bungles effort was on a tip. I agree about how bad it was to get beat deep there. If my dad were still here, he would have used that play as evidence that it was "the fix of the week."
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Bronco fan here.
    Todays game was an example of one thing I disliked about yesterdays game. Atl got the ball with 30+ seconds left and got in FG range.
    Yesterday, Broncos got ball with 36 seconds to go and didnt even give PM a shot. Not saying they would have scored but I would have give it at least one pass attempt.
    Just sort of comparing the 2 situations.
    Fox is a very conservative coach.....almost Marvin Lewis like. He basically reigned in Peyton during the 2nd half. It was like they were afraid to pass the ball.

Manning's noodle arm in the 2nd half had more to do with the conservative playcalls.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Billboard countdown on MA highway.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Fox is a very conservative coach.....almost Marvin Lewis like. He basically reigned in Peyton during the 2nd half. It was like they were afraid to pass the ball.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think Peyton has full control over that offense. He may even call the plays. Even if he doesn't, he can sure call audibles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

part of BBN

Elway came out this week and he said he thought Fox made the right call of going to OT. Of course, I am sure have would not have admitted otherwise.

I hate both these teams and Jim Harbaugh is such a clown I cannot root for the 9ers...

Usually able to have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl but not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I hate both these teams and Jim Harbaugh is such a clown I cannot root for the 9ers...

Usually able to have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl but not this year.
    The only way they could have a Super Bowl where I didn't root against the 49ers would be if they were playing the Steelers.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

The Falcons blew the game with that Ryan fumble...I mean at worst it is a FG you get out of it.

Then...the terrible RTP call when the love tap on Taternick's head...then the non PI call on Willis. I mean it was a combo of a Ryan bonehead play and some sketchy officiating. I am rooting for the Pats and that is hard to do.

Douglas was so wide open he tripped on a yard line. So many missed opps for Atlanta. They always crumble in pressure situations.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Rare mental error from Brady to end the first half. Should have had a couple shots in the endzone.

I would rather Bane show up at this game than the Ravens win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?