Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
I love this signing -. as long as he plays in Louisville until September 1 or Cozart goes on the DL. Ths team woud be a defensive mess with any of Donald, Burris or Hannahan getting extended chunks of time at SS. If Cozart is injured, I want Izturis stating at SS 5 days per week until he comes back. I know it will be like having another pitcher in the line-up, but SS is too important to the defense to go with a substandard defender there.

I know Burris was signed, but he's more of a second baseman (and his bat isn't really better than Izturis). He's bettter than Donald, but he's not really a day-in, day-out SS.

The Reds should pay Izturis major league money while he's in AAA so he sticks around when Spring Training ends. If its too crowded in AAA, I'd cut Negron or one of the others loose.

I agree with you here in your entire post. To add on, if Izturis wants that major league bench spot on top of the major league salary, I find a way to fit him on the bench rather than lose him to another team.