Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pete Rose reality show....

Re: Pete Rose reality show....

Pete has no "governor" on bad taste

2. Turn Off Ads?

he's just a big overgrown kid. That never grew up. And likes his fiances big "talents". Did I mention he's just a big kid?
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

I too am surprised he doesn't right a baseball column or be part of a televised baseball show. He does know baseball. I would read/listen to Rose talking about the national past-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    it's a reminder to me of how sad and far Pete has fallen.
    +1

Pete is a dirt bag who has destroyed his own reputation multiple times through overly self-indulgent and idiotic behavior. A lot of Reds' fans won't say that and some won't even accept it. He's a gold mine for reality TV, though. It just depends on to what extent he is willing to exploit himself.
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

I for one can't bring myself to watch this show. Although unlike ^^ I love Pete. Everytime Ive spoken to him hes shown me nothing but respect. He even offered to buy me lunch the last time I ran into him downtown. But I just cant do reality TV. It makes me angry more than anything and I need to be a happier person. So No Reality TV, News, or FB or twitter for this guy

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I for one can't bring myself to watch this show. Although unlike ^^ I love Pete. Everytime Ive spoken to him hes shown me nothing but respect. He even offered to buy me lunch the last time I ran into him downtown. But I just cant do reality TV. It makes me angry more than anything and I need to be a happier person. So No Reality TV, News, or FB or twitter for this guy
    I hope you aren't insinuating that I don't have any reasons for what I said. I also hope that it takes more than a free lunch with Pete to win your affection.

Look, the stats can never be erased, and I wish that the HOF was based solely on your accomplishments on the field, etc. - maybe someday it will be, and Pete will get the honor that he deserves. He is a HOF'er, and was one of the best to play the game, ever.

That being said, if you seriously think he is a good guy - you are delusional. He has a reality show for the same reason that Honey Boo Boo has a reality show - they are both pathetic and people want to watch them destroy themselves. That's entertainment. But hey, after he cheats on his wives, walks out on his kids, loses all of his money gambling, lies to fans, and charges for autographs.... He'll buy someone a lunch.

C'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mudshark View Post
    I hope you aren't insinuating that I don't have any reasons for what I said. I also hope that it takes more than a free lunch with Pete to win your affection.

Look, the stats can never be erased, and I wish that the HOF was based solely on your accomplishments on the field, etc. - maybe someday it will be, and Pete will get the honor that he deserves. He is a HOF'er, and was one of the best to play the game, ever.

That being said, if you seriously think he is a good guy - you are delusional. He has a reality show for the same reason that Honey Boo Boo has a reality show - they are both pathetic and people want to watch them destroy themselves. That's entertainment. But hey, after he cheats on his wives, walks out on his kids, loses all of his money gambling, lies to fans, and charges for autographs.... He'll buy someone a lunch.

C'mon man.
    Based on how Pete has treated me everytime ive met him is how im going to judge him as a person. At that Lunch we spent hours talking about our lives and his mistakes and mistakes ive made. So calling me delusional for actually sitting down and spending time with a guy before judging him based on his past is pretty unfair wouldnt you say? So With that said I have nothing bad to say about the man and I really look forward to the next time I see him. He hasnt been in the spot light in a long time and probably misses the fame. Some people dont like the celebrity status others do. I choose not to watch that show because I dont want to see how "dumb" he may act in front of a camera. I for one love his humor though, just as I love Tracy Jones' humor.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mudshark View Post

Pete is a dirt bag who has destroyed his own reputation multiple times through overly self-indulgent and idiotic behavior. A lot of Reds' fans won't say that and some won't even accept it. He's a gold mine for reality TV, though. It just depends on to what extent he is willing to exploit himself.
    Scathing, and harsh. Having said that, I do not disagree.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

I love Pete the player. Thinking about Pete the man just makes me sad.

I have no desire to see him in a reality show.

Based on how Pete has treated me everytime ive met him is how im going to judge him as a person. At that Lunch we spent hours talking about our lives and his mistakes and mistakes ive made . So calling me delusional for actually sitting down and spending time with a guy before judging him based on his past is pretty unfair wouldnt you say? So With that said I have nothing bad to say about the man and I really look forward to the next time I see him. He hasnt been in the spot light in a long time and probably misses the fame. Some people dont like the celebrity status others do. I choose not to watch that show because I dont want to see how "dumb" he may act in front of a camera. I for one love his humor though, just as I love Tracy Jones' humor.
    I'm calling you delusional because you choose to ignore mountains of facts based on one or two conversations with him. My uncle cheated on my aunt for ten years and had a family on the side that he was keeping a secret. He finally left her and now lives with the other family. He was my favorite uncle growing up, and I still have lunch with him once a year. He has a good heart, and I love him, but I'll be the first person to call him a scumbag.

When you were hangin' with Pete did he talk about the mistake of leaving his 2nd family for a nude model half his age, and parading her around like a bimbo trophy? Or was he still looking forward to making that mistake and apologizing for it later?

Maybe you are the kind of person who doesn't say mean things. That's fine, I admire that. At least acknowledge the bad things he has done, and continues to do. Do you really honestly believe he is acting like someone with shame or regret?

You may choose not to watch the show, as I do, but 95% of the people watching that show are laughing at him, not with him. The other 5% are watching because of Kiana Kim.

Based on how Pete has treated me everytime ive met him is how im going to judge him as a person. At that Lunch we spent hours talking about our lives and his mistakes and mistakes ive made. So calling me delusional for actually sitting down and spending time with a guy before judging him based on his past is pretty unfair wouldnt you say? So With that said I have nothing bad to say about the man and I really look forward to the next time I see him. He hasnt been in the spot light in a long time and probably misses the fame. Some people dont like the celebrity status others do. I choose not to watch that show because I dont want to see how "dumb" he may act in front of a camera. I for one love his humor though, just as I love Tracy Jones' humor.
    And with that last part you lose some credibility...
    It really is kind of sad to see how Pete has fallen.

Last edited by goreds2; 01-27-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: added link
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Based on how Pete has treated me everytime ive met him is how im going to judge him as a person. At that Lunch we spent hours talking about our lives and his mistakes and mistakes ive made. So calling me delusional for actually sitting down and spending time with a guy before judging him based on his past is pretty unfair wouldnt you say?
    So if Hitler bought you lunch and had a few nice warm conversations with you, you would judge him as an OK guy?

And we aren't we free to judge Stalin a bad man without having a cup of coffee and a Danish with him?

Why would Twitter make you angry?

I watched about 10 minutes of an episode. That was about 10 minutes too long. I don't understand the attraction with reality shows.

Turn Off Ads?