Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2013 Bakersfield Blaze Roster

2013 Bakersfield Blaze Roster

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...=true&sid=t423

Yorman will be walking the streets of Bakersfield this year. Juan Silverio from the White Sox is on the roster.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2013 Bakersfield Blaze Roster

Anyone see any potential surprises on this roster?

Any non-elite SP who does well in the Cali League generally qualifies as a surprise. Perhaps Contreras can overpower the circuit in the closer role.

Yorman is the guy I would think everyone hopes to bust out here. Waldrop, Silva, Wright, Buckley and Perez are all lurking for that Cali boost.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Silverio is really intriguing as a guy who was pushed much too quickly. Of course, he could also be an absolute bust who can't figure out how to use his tools because he swings at everything thrown to the plate.

Yorman is the guy from this roster to watch the most, though I have heard that Carlos Contreras may be starting this year, which would also be worth following closely.

How, exactly, did the Reds obtain Silverio?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    How, exactly, did the Reds obtain Silverio?
    The rumor goes that it was a PTBNL, but it was unrelated to the Cody Puckett deal.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

Any non-elite SP who does well in the Cali League generally qualifies as a surprise. Perhaps Contreras can overpower the circuit in the closer role.

Yorman is the guy I would think everyone hopes to bust out here. Waldrop, Silva, Wright, Buckley and Perez are all lurking for that Cali boost.
    I like Perez, still. He's not likely a SS, but he's probably as good as they have (Gilmartin, IMO, is a utility guy). Wright could hit 25 HR this season. Both he and James Allen are old for the league, but may also be fast risers. I like Allen to do well. If Moscot can pitch well, he becomes a very interesting prospect next season.

I suspect we'll see something surprising among outfielders not named Yorman. I think any of Waldrop, Silva or Duran could have a breakout offensive season. What it means will remain to be seen, though, since it's the Cal League (see Bowe, Theo 2012).

Waldrop and Yorman remain my breakout players of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I suspect we'll see something surprising among outfielders not named Yorman. I think any of Waldrop, Silva or Duran could have a breakout offensive season. What it means will remain to be seen, though, since it's the Cal League (see Bowe, Theo 2012).
    I don't know if you've seen Duran recently, but he's actually become less of a prospect lately, in my opinion. He's simply too tall, and he really hasn't been able to adjust to his new height. His swing isn't that bad, but he can't run... literally... it looks like he's one of the speed walkers, and is very awkward in the field. Maybe he finally adjusts to his growth spurt, but until then, he's off my prospect list altogether.

Waldrop and Yorman on the other hand, I completely agree.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I don't know if you've seen Duran recently, but he's actually become less of a prospect lately, in my opinion. He's simply too tall, and he really hasn't been able to adjust to his new height. His swing isn't that bad, but he can't run... literally... it looks like he's one of the speed walkers, and is very awkward in the field. Maybe he finally adjusts to his growth spurt, but until then, he's off my prospect list altogether.

Waldrop and Yorman on the other hand, I completely agree.
    Duran can run in a straight line pretty fast to be honest. He has above-average speed in a straight line. Doesn't look smooth doing it, but he gets to it. However when you add something more to it, his coordination simply doesn't work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Duran can run in a straight line pretty fast to be honest. He has above-average speed in a straight line. Doesn't look smooth doing it, but he gets to it. However when you add something more to it, his coordination simply doesn't work as well.
    Thanks for the info. I've only seen him run, never timed him. I guess if he improved his hitting, he could make it as a DH.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Acknowledged. I see him as a one-tool guy too. I include him on my list of guys who could turn in a surprising 2013 based purely on the possibility he could go on a HR binge in his second year in the Cal League.

Turn Off Ads?