Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would the reds attendance increase if they were relocated to a suburb like Blue Ash?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I believe it would increase

8 16.67%
  • No, I don't think it would.

40 83.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would the reds attendance go up if the stadium was located in Blue Ash?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would the reds attendance go up if the stadium was located in Blue Ash?

Just imagine there was a large plot of land perfectly for for a major league stadium in say a suburbs of Cincinnati like Blue Ash. Do you think the reds overall attendance would increase in the long run?

Re: Would the reds attendance go up if the stadium was located in Blue Ash?

I personally dont think so. There is still much more to do before/after games in the city than there would be in blue ash.

I think the ring of poverty around Downtown Cincinnati still scares a lot of people away.

I voted yes, but a more central location would be advisable, because of the whole eastside/westside thing.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I personally wish it was north of town, but living near Dayton, I guess I'm biased.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HatchMo View Post
    I personally wish it was north of town, but living near Dayton, I guess I'm biased.
    And I personally wish is was south of town, being from Louisville, but seriously I think downtown is perfect: it is close for both east-siders and west-siders, the traffic infrastructure is there for people from every direction, there is plenty of parking near the stadium, there is plenty of food/entertainment nearby, there are plenty of hotels for us out-of-towners, and lastly there are plenty of out-of-towners here for other reasons (conventions, long weekends, etc.) who can walk to a game. I can't wait for my next trip in...GO REDS!
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Salukifan2

I think it would, but i always feel like the teams that do that shouldn't be able to use the City's name. And small cities like pittsburgh, cincy, st. louis, and baltimore really rely on the stadium crowds to boost local business. If the reds played in Blue ash or another northern suburb it would make the reds alot more accessible to dayton and columbus folks

No. I think some sort of attached parking structure would do more for the attendance than moving it to a suburb although I'm not sure either would do much.

I guess the answer lies as to where the majority of "reds nation" live. W/o doing any research I tend to think the Mason,Blue Ash and surrounding areas make up an overwhelming % of the TV population. While the inner city neighborhoods and their immediate suburbias (Newport, Covington, Cheviot, Delhi,etc) are making up the majority of in crowd attendance.

I'd go less if it were north of the city.

In my opinion a Blue Ash located stadium would turn off a large contingent of Northern Kentucky residents who regularly go to the games now. As someone else mentioned, I dont think West siders, who have a pretty easy time getting downtown as it is now, would want to drive north to go to a ball game.

With the Banks and Newport on the Levee accessible so close to the stadium, no way. I also don't think I'd be crazy about watching a major league baseball game in Blue Ash, even though it's closer to me.

There's something more appealing about having to drive into the city, especially if you're coming from out of town. Downtown Cinci is a lot of fun these days.

They are the Cincinnati Reds, they should play in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
    They are the Cincinnati Reds, they should play in Cincinnati.
    They are the Dallas Cowboys they should play in Dallas.....yet they play in Arlington Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    No man.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Turn Off Ads?