Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nationals add Soriano

Re: Nationals add Soriano

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Never count on paper champions panning out...
    True enough that the best team on paper doesn't always win. But, if given the choice, I would rather have the best team on paper heading into the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

At first I wanted him, but what the Nationals are paying him is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Gonna be really tough for any NL TEAM to top Wash in 2013. We get our complete season series with the Nats in April (7 GAMES).
    Best to get it out of the way early. The Nats are gonna be a tough team to beat this year.

Ok you got me TexasDave. I admit that was just my gut feel without looking at the real numbers.

Anyway, counting on LaRoche, Werth, Zimmerman to continue producing just seems riskier than Votto, Bruce, Phillips. And the Reds offense gets immensely better this year replacing Stubbs with Choo and Rolen with Frazier, not to mention a full year of a healthy Joey Votto.

I like our new offense better than the Nats and I think we'll score more runs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This is looking like one formidable foe. They have just added Rafael Soriano to their bullpen.

http://mlb.si.com/2013/01/15/rafael-.../?sct=hp_t2_a4
    Guess I have to get to fifty posts.

They're definitely gonna be good but the Reds can beat them

Turn Off Ads?